Bluegrass Brave Factory Full Face Helmet 2014 -
Bluegrass Brave Factory Full Face Helmet
Strong and glorious. The purist designs of Explicit and Brave only serve to show off the best technical wizardry on the market. If today, Explicit and Brave are the gold standard of fibreglass full face helmets, it is because they offer the best technical solutions for a demanding rider's every need.
Bluegrass Brave Factory Full Face Helmet Features:
- V.I.D. composite construction - Our Research and Development team has designed its own IT software called Virtual Impact Data which enables us to test our helmets virtually even before building a 3D model.When we are ready to launch production of the first prototype we have already been able to fine tune the design and offer the best volume/weight/shock absorption capacity/rigidity/ventilation ratio possible. Our competitive edge is visible and even measurable. Our helmets are among the most resistant and lightweight - and we don't even need to use carbon.This software also saves us a considerable amount of time and money which is why our helmets offer the best performance for the price on the market.Both Explicit and Brave are available in 3 shell sizes. The smallest is for XS and S, Medium for M, and the biggest for L and XL sizes. Compare that with other brands. 3 different shell sizes ensures that the exterior helmet volume is in proportion to your head size.
- EPS Intelligent Fusion shell with integrated air channels - Brain protection should be a helmet's primary mission. The EPS inner-shell was designed to dissipate the force of an impact and prevent the brain from hitting the skull in the event of an accident.It also has an integrated network of channels which circulates air from external intake vents around the inside of the helmet.Thanks to the Intelligent Fusion process, Bluegrass goes even further by using different densities of material depending on the characteristics of each model to improve the weight/volume ratio while optimising the shock absorption capacity.
- Removable and washable lining - The internal lining, including the cheek pads, are fully removable and washable.The interior padding is vitally important for helmet comfort. We only use anti-allergenic fabric varying the thickness according to the position in the helmet.
- MX-style visor with S.O.R. system - On most full face helmets, the visor and its central attachment system are in one piece. In the event of a head-on impact, the visor can force the head backwards risking serious damage to the cervical vertebrae. Explicit and Brave are fitted with our central Snap-Off- Release system which is an essential safety feature. In head-on impacts, the visor unclips from its central attachment preventing it from knocking the head backwards By enabling the visor to unclip from the central attachment system, the Snap-Off-Release helps prevent the visor from breaking. This can easily happen during falls when the visor and the front attachment are one piece.Tool-free angle adjustment. It is attached using aluminium screws on the side.
- Easy to use with goggles - Gives maximum field of vision.Moulded ribs on the shell help keep the goggle strap in place we really have thought of everything.The helmet should be compatible with almost all goggles on the market. However, we do advise you to try on the helmet together with your goggles before purchase.
- Chin guard with integrated Airflow_2_Chin air inflow vents - Professional riders who helped develop the Explicit/Brave helmets insisted from the outset on how important it is to have air vents on the chin guard as good respiration is essential for high-performance. We listened and went on to create the most ventilated chin guard on the market.Its design was also dictated by our search to find the best ratio between maximal protection and minimum bulk.
- No hearing loss - It has long been known that there is a strong link between hearing loss and the risk of accidents. But not all full face helmet designers take the problem as seriously as we do. We included it in the development specifications for our full face helmets along with criteria such as shock absorption capacity. Think about that when you are buying a full face helmet and dont hesitate trying on several different models and brands. It is fundamental for safety to be able to hear well, even when you have pulled on your helmet.
- Compatible with neck brace use - Many riders use a neck brace for added protection, but it may interfere with performance or even be dangerous if it is not compatible with the helmet. Our full face models are compatible with most available neck braces. However, we do advise you to try on the helmet and neck brace together before purchase.
- Double-D buckle - One of the many advantages of this system is that the strap can be adjusted perfectly and won't need to be retightened as is the case with an automatic buckle (also known as quick release buckles)By simply sliding the strap along you can either take off the helmet or just wear it loosely without having to undo the buckle.
- Explicit and Brave twin brothers - Both provide the same level of performance. The difference in price between the two models is due to the graphic solution (plain colours) chosen for the Explicit model which is less costly to produce than the Brave model which requires the application of numerous transfers onto the shell. We have simply passed on this difference in costs for the benefit of the customer.
- Certified EN 1078.
- Developed, tested and approved by the Bluegrass Factory Development Team together with our R&D dept.
Buy Bluegrass Brave Factory Full Face Helmet from Chain Reaction Cycles, the Worlds Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all HelmetsNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords