Home > Helmets > MTB helmets
Bluegrass Goldeneye Helmet 2014 -
Bluegrass Goldeneye Helmet
Looking to the future - ""One of the leading engineering projects that we have recently developed is the technology HES,"" said Matteo Tenni, research coordinator at Bluegrass. ""By embedding a homothetic skeleton we can reduce the weight of the helmet while increasing safety. We also offer designers new design possibilities."" This promising technology has been applied to the very first All-Mountain helmet of the young Bluegrass history.
Bluegrass Goldeneye Helmet Features:
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion construction - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory.In-mould construction involves fusing together in the same matrix the two parts of the helmet shell (the interior which is generally black or grey polystyrene and the coloured polycarbonate exterior) during the moulding process.Thanks to the In-mould Intelligent Fusion process, Bluegrass goes even further by using different densities of material depending on the characteristics of each model to improve the weight/volume ratio while optimising the shock absorption capacity.
- HES Construction - Homothetic Embedded Skeleton.In the event of an impact the pressure on the helmet shell is uneven, however, in reality most of the pressure is concentrated within a limited area.HES construction, which involves embedding a homothetic skeleton inside the shell of the helmet, spreads the pressure built up by compression at the impact point, and thus dissipates the force of impact over the whole shell.This exceptional design and a manufacturing technique, that today only MET and Bluegrass have mastered, makes the HES concept a new reference in bicycle helmet construction.
- Adjustable visor with integrated air intake vents - The visors role is to protect the face and especially the eyes from branches, sun or, in bad weather, against mud flicked up by bikes in front.When the visor has air vents it actively helps cool the head by directing the air towards the inside of the helmet.The tilt of the visor can be adjusted by loosening anodised aluminium side screws. This allows you to fine tune your field of view.Note that at the highest position the visor leaves enough space for your goggles strap in 'rest' position.
- Gel 02 anti-allergenic front pad - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory.Instead of absorbing perspiration it sends it towards the sides of the face. With superior hygiene, a much longer lifespan, a natural capacity to adapt to body shape, its thickness remaining stable over time... the GEL O2 front pad offers so many advantages that it will permanently change your idea of helmet comfort. Originating from the medical industry, it is hypo-allergenic, anti-bacterial, made from thermo-stabilising polyurethane morpho-gel, and it helps keeps the head really cool, a key factor not only for comfort but also for the cyclists performance.Hand washable.
- Gravity Occipital Lock 2 - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory.Occipital retention system. Its role is to ensure that the helmet is held firmly on the head.A dial at the back of the helmet for easy one-hand size adjustment. The internal mechanism was designed for precision and reliability. The Gravity Occipital Lock 2 also includes a vertical adjustment to position precisely where the helmet touches the head.
- CoolmaxTM anti-allergenic interior pads - The high-tech material assures rapid evaporation of absorbed perspiration for greater comfort. Hand washable.
- KevlarTM straps - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory.Although improving performance is often at a cost to comfort and vice-versa, this is not the case with our exclusive KevlarTM straps.Ventilated, with breathability, ever lighter and ultra-resistant they have numerous advantages over traditional straps.
- Strong-fit lateral dividers - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory.For a helmet to be fully protective it must be adjusted to fit securely. It must also remain secure whilst being used.The Golden Eyes HES is fitted with lockable lateral dividers (where the front and back straps meet). Positioning them correctly, in other words just under the ears, then blocking them in the chosen position is childs play.
- Reflective rear stickers - Being visible is essential to the safety of a cyclist.At night or in tunnels, the reflective sticker placed at the back of the helmet makes the bike visible to drivers approaching from behind.
- Embedded straps - Anchoring points which provide dual benefits. In the event of a crash, the tensile stress that the straps place on their anchoring points can be violent. The fact that the Golden Eyes HES s anchorage points are embedded in the polystyrene and not attached above the shell means that the straps tensile stress is more evenly dissipated.The technical choice to embed the strap anchoring points in the mass creates extra difficulties from a construction perspective, but it improves the aerodynamics of the helmet by leaving the exterior of the shell free from anything which might perturb air flow.
- MOPOV video support kit - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory.Now anyone can film themselves while riding. And to help you we have designed the MOPOV (My Own Point Of View) kit which allows you to fit your onboard camera onto your helmet in a flash.Removable kit fitted to the centre of helmet. An Allen key is all you need to fit the kit. Light weight. System suitable for multi-brands.Nothing remains on the helmet after use. The self-adhesive fitting on your camera fixes to the MOPOV and not to the helmet itself.
- Goggle lock - Keeps your goggle strap in place on the helmet.
- Certified EN 1078 and AS/NZS2063.
Buy Bluegrass Goldeneye Helmet from Chain Reaction Cycles, the Worlds Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all HelmetsNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords