Cube AMS 120 29 Suspension Bike 2014 -
Cube AMS 120 29 Suspension Bike 2014
A great all-rounder forall riders seeking funon the trails or on long routes. The AMS 120 HPAPro has superb handling,120mm of travel and isperfectly equipped withFox suspension and ShimanoSLX and XT components.Thanks to Agile Ride Geometrythe 29" bikes retain thelively handling feel of26" bikes. Featuring a Syntace X12rear axle system for maximumstiffness and user-friendlyhandling, and new hydraulic Shimano Deore disc brakesfor greatstopping power. The gearlevers are perfectly integratedvia the I-Spec clamp and the suspension offersa high degree of sensitivityand plushness, with a Fox 32 Float CTD FIT Airfork at the front andFox Float CTD BoostValveshock with CUBE customtune at the rear. Bothfeature selectable Climb,Trail or Descend modes. Reliable Shimano SLX equipment with XT Shadow derailleur and compact 22/30/40T cranks give the ideal gear range for bigger wheels. The frame is sturdy and lightweight, using triple butted High Performance Aluminium 7005 and the Advanced Hydroforming process with precise handling from the 3D rear dropouts and the X12 through-axle. The Sun Ringl Radium wheelset is lightweight for great acceleration and has a 15QR front wheel for enhanced stiffness, while the CUBE Performance Pro Stem and 720mm Rise Trail bar provide the perfect cockpit.
- Frame:HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ARG, ERC FSP 4-Link, X12
- Fork:Fox 32 Float 29 CTD O/C, 15QR, tapered, 120mm
- Rear Shock:Fox Float CTD, 200x51mm, Climb/Trail/Descend mode, SV air canister
- Headset:CUBE Z-t-(R), top zero-stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), bottom 1 1/2" integrated
- Stem:CUBE Performance Pro, 6
- Handlebars:CUBE Flat Race Bar Pro, 720mm, 9
- Grips:CUBE Race Grip, 1-clamp
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT, RD-M781-SGSL, Shadow 10-speed
- Front Derailleur:Shimano SLX FD-M671-D, direct mount, Down Swing, 3x10-speed
- Shifters:Shimano SLX SL-M670, direct attach
- Brakes: systemShimano Deore A-M615 hydr. Discbrake (180/180mm)
- Crankset:Shimano SLX, FC-M672, 40x30x22T, 175mm
- Wheelset:Sun Ringl Radium 29 wheelset, 32 spokes
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
- Seat:Selle Italia X1
- Seatpost:CUBE Performance 31.6*400mm
- Seatclamp:CUBE Varioclose 34.9mm
- Shock hardware:front: 22x8mm, rear: 40x8mm
- Weight:13.7 kg
- Advanced Hydroforming: The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Ultralight: Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Efficient Ride Control: Cube's Efficient Ride Control concept is now also applied to their newly developed 27.5 frames. With Efficient Ride Control particular attention has been given to delivering the identical optimum riding experience to every rider, irrespective of body size. They've designed the linkage geometry on a model-by-model basis so that all frame sizes have the same travel and spring rate curves. In addition, the kinematics have been optimized specifically in relation to travel in respect of sensitivity, drive and no bobbing. For this it was necessary to specially position all rear pivot points. Providing the optimum experience for every rider, large and small.
- FSP4Link: The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount: The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fibre frames and top aluminium full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren’t needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight, in this case saving 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Size Tuned Kinematic: Size Tuned Kinematics is a four-pivot suspension technology developed exclusively by CUBE. It guarantees that every frame in every size will have exactly the same dynamic properties in terms of wheel travel, axle path and spring rate curve.
- Tapered Steerer: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- X12 Through Axle: In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The wheel is positioned by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Buy Cube AMS 120 29 Suspension Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords