Cube AMS 150 Pro 27.5 Suspension Bike 2014 -
Cube AMS 150 Pro 27.5 Suspension Bike 2014
All-mountain or enduro? the perfect trailbike. The AMS 150 is thetrue all-rounder . The great riding characteristicscome partly from Cube's Efficient Ride Control technology, which provides minimal bobbingand brake influence, withidentical performancefor all frame sizes. Thehydroformed, triple buttedHigh Performance 7005Aluminium frame featuresa PressFit bottom bracketshell for a wider junctionto the seat and down tubes, guaranteeing the optimumflow of forces and highlateral stiffness and thenew AXH dropouts stiffenthe rear triangle evenmore. The frame is also preparedfor adjustable seat posts with internal cable routing. The lightweight Easton EA70 stem and custom 750mm Easton Haven bar allow for control and fun on the trail. Featuring great spec like the Shimano XT rear derailleur and kitted out with 150mm travel from the Rock Shox with Pushloc and Fox Float CTD. Epic rides,transalp, trail ridingor enduro you name it - its no problem.
- Frame:HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ARG, ERC FSP 4-Link, X12
- Forks:Rock Shox Revelation RL 2-Position 27.5, PushLoc, 15QR Maxle, tapered, 150-120mm
- Rear Shock:Fox Float CTD, 216x64mm, Climb/Trail/Descend mode, LV air canister
- Headset:FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS, top zero-stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), bottom zero-stack 1 1/2" (OD 56mm)
- Stem:Easton EA70, 31.8mm, 8
- Handlebars:Easton Haven custom, 750mm
- Grips:CUBE Race Grip, 1-clamp
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT, RD-M781-SGSL, Shadow 10-speed
- Front Derailleur:Shimano SLX FD-M671-D, direct mount, Down Swing, 3x10-speed
- Shifters:Shimano SLX SL-M670, direct attach
- Brake: systemShimano Deore A-M615 hydr. Discbrake (180/180mm)
- Crankset:Shimano SLX, FC-M672, 40x30x22T, 175mm
- Wheelset:Sun Ringl Radium EM 27.5 wheelset, 15QR/X12, 32 spokes
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Nobby Nic Kevlar SnakeSkin 2.35
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Nobby Nic Kevlar SnakeSkin 2.35
- Seat:Selle Italia X1 Trail
- Seatpost:Easton EA70 zero 31.6*400mm
- Seatclamp:CUBE Varioclose 34.9mm
- Shock hardware:front: 22x8mm, rear: 48x8mm
- Weight:13.6 kg
- Adaptable X12 Hanger: Cube optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted, allowing the use of longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness are therefore improved and it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Advanced Hydroforming: The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Ultralight: Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- FSP4Link: The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- X12 Through Axle: In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The wheel is positioned by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
- Efficient Trail Control: Cube's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options their frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Fox Customised Setup: Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. Cube have researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every Cube full-suspension model.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount: The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fibre frames and top aluminium full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren’t needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight, in this case saving 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Buy Cube AMS 150 Pro 27.5 Suspension Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords