Cube Elite HPC Pro 29 Hardtail Bike 2014 -
Cube Elite HPC Pro 29 Hardtail Bike 2014
The Elite HPC is an extremely lightweighthigh-tech carbon 29erbike for fast accelerationwith complete XT groupand lightweight DT Swiss2.9 wheelset. The lightweightcarbon frame is made withSuper HPC Advanced Twin Mold Monocoque Technology and features oversized head tube and PressFitbottom bracket diameters to guaranteeoptimum lateral stiffness.Designed with Internal Cable Routingfor a clean appearance,dirt protection and reducedweight. Featuring also the X12drop out design which makesthe frame particularlystiff., Active Brake Cooling, a wing-like support in front of the brake, to direct airflow towards the brake disc, and an AXH hanger for optimized stiffness and direct mount option for a Shimano rear derailleur. The high tech and lightweight Fox 32 Float CTD air fork comes with 100mm of travel and a QR15 through-axle. The Elite HPC Pro is well spec'd with a super reliable and long lasting complete Shimano XT groupset, while the XT disc brakes offer excellent stopping power in all conditions. The new 720mm CUBE Race Flat Bar Pro gives great control.
- Frame:Super HPC Advanced Twin Mold Monocoque Technology 29, ARG
- Fork:Fox 32 Float CTD O/C, QR15, 100mm
- Headset:FSA Orbit I-t-R integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2
- Stem:Syntace F149, 31,8
- Handlebars:CUBE Race Flat Bar Pro, 720 mm
- Grips:CUBE Race Grip, 1-Clamp
- Rear: DerailleurShimano XT RD-M781-SGS, Shadow 10-speed
- Front: DerailleurShimano XT FD-M781, Direct Mount
- Shifters:Shimano XT SL-M780 I-Spec, Rapidfire-Plus
- Brakes: systemShimano Deore XT K-M7851, hydr. Discbrake (180/160mm)
- Crankset:Shimano XT, FC-M782, 40x30x22T, 175mm (180mm for largest frame size)
- Wheelset:DT CSW MA 2.9 straightpull wheelset, 28/32 spokes, 15QR/X12, 622x19C rim, alloy nipples
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Rocket Ron Kevlar Triple Compound 2.25
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Racing Ralph Kevlar Triple Compound 2.25
- Seat:Selle Italia X1
- Seatpost:CUBE Performance Motion Post, 31,6mm
- Seatclamp:RFR Varioclose 31,8mm
- Weight:10.4 kg
- Adaptable X12 Hanger: Cube optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted, allowing the use of longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness are therefore improved and it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance. Integrate
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Active Brake Cooling: Cube's high end hardtails like the REACTION GTC 29, ELITE SUPER HPC 29 and ELITE SUPER HPC are dedicated racing bikes. Every advantage counts, and Active Brake Cooling delivers optimum braking performance. The aerodynamically-designed stays cause airflow to be ducted between the seat stay and chain stay onto the brake rotor. This gives heat reduction of up to 30%, protecting the brake from overheating and conserving the brake pads. The result is always maximum brake performance.
- Wet Paint Surface:On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Advanced Twin Mould: The Advanced Twin Mold process eliminates any dangerous folding by continuous control of carbon fibres during the curing process. This is made possible by an internal form which provides the perfect frame form during the layup process. Each individual fibre remains precisely in position as it cures. In this way less material can be used as the individual layers can be more accurately and reliably positioned. This production method also makes it possible to increase the carbon fibre proportion in line with anticipated loadings at specific points on the frame. All SUPER HPC models from 2014 on are manufactured using this high-tech method.
- Tapered Steerer: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- X12 Through Axle: In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The wheel is positioned by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords