Cube Fritzz 160 TM 27.5 Suspension Bike 2014 -
Cube Fritzz 160 TM 27.5 Suspension Bike 2014
TM stands for "Trail Motion."And the name says it all!This machine is ready to smash your best time on the next Enduro Stage straight from the box. Instant control is at your fingertips with the remotely controlled Fox Float X shock and Fox 34 Float forks with Climb Trail Descend Adjust. Anenduro bike in its purest form, the Fritzz's platform is four-bar linkage and a high performance7005 aluminium frame with triple butted hydroformedtubes for enormous stability.The tapered head tubeand PressFit bottom bracketallow the use of optimized oversizedcross sections for maximumrigidity. The Shimano XT mech and oversized alloy axle e*thirteen crankset have been selected to stand up to even the roughest terrain. Featuring extra wide Formula T1S.Disc Brakes for incredible stopping power. Cube have thought of everything to increase your speed in the toughest conditions.
- Framework:HPA Ultralight, advanced hydroforming, triple butted, ETC 4-link, ISCG mount, AXH
- Forks:Fox 34 Float FIT 27.5 CTD Adjust, tapered, 15QR Kashima coated, 160mm
- Shock:Fox Float X remotely, 216x64mm, Climb / Trail / Descend mode, remote handlebar lever, Kashima coated
- Headset:FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS, top-zero stack 1 1/8 "(44mm OD), bottom, zero stack 1 1/2" (56mm OD)
- Stem:Easton Haven 31.8mm, 0
- Handlebars:Easton Haven custom, 750mm
- Grips:Fritzz CUBE Grip, 2 clamp
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT, RD-M786-GSL, Shadow Plus, medium cage, 10-speed
- Front Derailleur:Shimano XT FD-M786-A, direct mount, downswing, 2x10-speed
- Shifters:Shimano Deore XT SL-M780 Rapidfire-Plus
- Brakes:hydraulic Formula T1S.Disc Brake (203/180mm)
- Crankset:e * thirteen TRS + 22/36T, 175mm, Oversized Alloy Axle
- Wheelset:DT Swiss EM 3.7 straightpull wheelset, 28/28 spokes, 15QR/X12, 584x25C tubeless ready, DT SWISS Head Pro reinforcement system Squorx alloy nipples
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar, Trailstar, Snakeskin, 2.35
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar PaceStar, Snakeskin, 2.35
- Saddle:SDG Circuit MTN
- Seatpost:Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 31.6mm, 125mm adjustable seatpost, internal routing
- Seat Clamp:34.9mm CUBE Screwlock
- Shock Hardware: 30x8mm, bottom: 22x8mm
- Weight:13.9 kg
- FSP4Link: The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- X12 Through Axle: In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The wheel is positioned by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger: Cube optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted, allowing the use of longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness are therefore improved and it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Advanced Twin Mould: The Advanced Twin Mold process eliminates any dangerous folding by continuous control of carbon fibres during the curing process. This is made possible by an internal form which provides the perfect frame form during the layup process. Each individual fibre remains precisely in position as it cures. In this way less material can be used as the individual layers can be more accurately and reliably positioned. This production method also makes it possible to increase the carbon fibre proportion in line with anticipated loadings at specific points on the frame. All SUPER HPC models from 2014 on are manufactured using this high-tech method.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Efficient Trail Control: Cube's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options their frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Fox Customised Setup: Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. Cube have researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every Cube full-suspension model.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance. Integrated
- Post Mount: The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fibre frames and top aluminium full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren’t needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight, in this case saving 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Trail Motion Rocker: The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
Buy Cube Fritzz 160 TM 27.5 Suspension Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords