Cube Fritzz 180 HPA Suspension Bike 2014 -
Cube Fritzz 180 HPA Race Suspension Bike
A true speed king for riderswho don’t accept compromisesand want extra travel.The Fritzz 180 HPA Race26 climbs exceptionallywith its new geometry and with the Fox Float X shockand the 36 fork it absorbs everything on the trail.Add to this XT components and coolRace Face cranks and you have the whole package.With its triple butted,Advanced Hydroformed 7005High Performance Aluminiumtubing, the frame is sturdybut still lightweight.It comes with an ISCGmount chainguard option.The Trail Motion Rockeris responsible for thereal working kinematics.The Efficient Ride Controlavoids pedal bob or brakeinfluence on the suspension.Agile Ride Geometry allowsquick reactions and great handling. The new FoxFloat X shock is easyto tune even for super tough terrain, with CTD trail modes and adjustable rebound. The Formula RC brakes come with adjustable lever reach and pad contact for great ergonomics and feel. Shimano’s XT components with Shadow Plus derailleur and the Race Face Evolve 22/36T crankset made of rigid 6066 aluminium are the best for the job. The super stiff FOX 36 Talas R fork has a 20mm axle and 180mm of travel, adjustable down to 140mm for climbing even the steepest ascents. The CUBE EX 23.6 wheels come with sealed bearings and 23mm rims to support wide tyres. The perfect super enduro package is completed by a Rockshox Reverb Stealth seat post, Easton Haven stem with custom 750mm Haven bar, E13 TRS chain management including bash, Schwalbe’s Hans Dampf Kevlar folding tyres and the Enduro saddle SDG Circuit MTN.
- Frame: HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ETC 4-Link, ISCG mount, AXH
- Forks:Fox 36 Talas R, 20mm axle, 180-140mm
- Rear Shock:Fox Float X Adjust, 241x76mm, Climb/Trail/Descend mode, Trail mode adjustable
- Shock Hardware:Top - 30x8mm, bottom - 22x8mm
- Chainset: Race Face Evolve 24/38T, 175mm
- Shift Levers:Shimano SLX SL-M670
- Front Derailleur:Shimano XT, FD-M786-A, direct mount, Down Swing, 2x10-speed
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT, RD-M786-GSL, ShadowPlus, medium cage, 10-speed
- Rims:CUBE EX 23.6, 559x23C rim, 32H
- Front Hub:CUBE EX 23.6, 110x20mm, 32H
- Rear Hub: CUBE EX 23.6, 142x12mm
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar, TrailStar, SnakeSkin, 2.35
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar, PaceStar, SnakeSkin, 2.35
- Front Brake:Formula RC Tune hydr. Discbrake (203mm), tool-free reach & contact adjust
- Rear Brake:Formula RC Tune hydr. Discbrake (180mm), tool-free reach & contact adjust
- Handlebars: Easton Haven custom, 750mm
- Grips:CUBE Fritzz Grip, 2-clamp
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS, top zero-stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), bottom zero-stack 1 1/2" (OD 56mm)
- Stem: Easton Haven, 31.8mm, 0
- Saddle: SDG Circuit MTN
- Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 31.6mm, 125mm adjustable seatpost, internal routing
- Seatclamp:CUBE Screwlock 34.9mm
- Advanced Hydroforming: The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger: Cube optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted, facilitating the use of longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness are therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Ultralight: Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Efficient Trail Control: Cube's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options their frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Fox Customised Setup: Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. Cube have researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every Cube full-suspension model.
- FSP4Link: The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Hybrid Cable Routing: The “no fuss” function of electronic shifting convinces more and more riders. Even long-time friends of classic gear shifting won’t want to do without the comfort and performance of electronic shifting once they have used it. Cube have equipped their upper range AGREE GTC and LITENING SUPER HPC models with the capability to house both kinds of gear shifting. You can easily switch to the new electronic system you need only different cable stoppers at the down tube and another flap for the bottom bracket where you can fix the Shimano Short Battery mount nicely.
- Integrated Post Mount: The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fibre frames and top aluminium full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren’t needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight, in this case saving 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Trail Motion Rocker: The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- X12 Through Axle: In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The wheel is positioned by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords