Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 Hardtail Bike 2014 -
Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 Hardtail Bike 2014
A high-performance carbonhardtail with all theadvantages of 27.5" wheelsbut as agile as a classicbike. The frame and geometrywere especially developedfor the larger wheel size.The GTC carbon frame isproduced using TwinMold Monocoque Technology with oversized head tube and PressFit BB diameterstoguarantee optimum lateralstiffness augmented by thetapered head tube withintegrated headset. The GTC Pro is well spec'd with reliable Shimano SLX and XT 3x10 components, all new Shimano Deore disc brakes with 180mm rotor for great stopping power and a lightweight and durable Sun Ringl Radium MA wheelset. Absorb whatever the trail can throw at you with the 100mm Manitou Marvel 29 TS Air suspension fork with adjustable damping and a remote lockout. The distinctive CUBE cockpit with Performance stem and Flat Race Bar looks and works great.
- Frame:GTC Twin Mold Monocoque Technology, 27,5 ARG
- Forks:Manitou Marvel TS Air 27,5, Remote Lockout, 100mm
- Chainset: Shimano SLX, FC-M672, 40x30x22T, 175mm
- Brake/Shift Levers:Shimano SLX SL-M670, I-Spec, Rapidfire- Plus
- Front Derailleur:Shimano XT FD-M781, Direct Mount
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT RD-M781-SGS, Shadow 10-speed
- Rims:Sun Ringl Radium MA 27,5, QR/QR
- Tyres:Schwalbe Rapid Rob, 2.25
- Front Brake: Shimano Deore A-M615 hydr. Discbrake 180mm
- Rear Brake: Shimano Deore A-M615 hydr. Discbrake 160mm
- Handlebars:CUBE Race Flat Bar Pro, 720 mm
- Grips:CUBE Race Grip, 1-Clamp
- Headset:FSA Orbit I-t-R integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2
- Stem:CUBE Performance Pro, 31,8mm
- Saddle:Selle Italia X1
- Seatpost:CUBE Performance Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp:RFR Varioclose 31,8mm
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Hybrid Cable Routing: The “no fuss” function of electronic shifting convinces more and more riders. Even long-time friends of classic gear shifting won’t want to do without the comfort and performance of electronic shifting once they have used it. Cube have equipped their upper range AGREE GTC and LITENING SUPER HPC models with the capability to house both kinds of gear shifting. You can easily switch to the new electronic system you need only different cable stoppers at the down tube and another flap for the bottom bracket where you can fix the Shimano Short Battery mount nicely.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer:This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Twin Mould Technology: All GTC models are built using this complex manufacturing process. In this process Cube can eliminate possibly dangerous folding by constant control of carbon fibres during the curing process. By using fixed internal forms at junction points the quantity of resin is considerably reduced and the fibres bonded more tightly together. The result is increased product safety and improved stiffness-to-weight values.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords