Cube Reaction GTC Race 29 Hardtail Bike 2014 -
Cube Reaction GTC SL 27.5 Hardtail Bike 2014
A high-performance carbon29er hardtail with allthe advantages of thebigger 29in wheels butas agile as a 26in bike.The GTC carbon frame isproduced using TwinMold Monocoque technology and features Internal CableRouting for a cleanappearance and dirt protection. The oversized tube diametersof the head tube and thePressFit bottom bracketguarantee optimum lateralstiffness while optimum strength to weight value results from the tapered head tube with integrated headset. The high tech RockShox Reba RL air fork comes with Motion Control, PushLoc and 100mm of travel. The Shimano XT 3x10 drivetrain is long-lasting and very reliable. The XT disc brakes offer excellent performance on all terrain. The Sun Ringl Radium MA wheelset is lightweight and durable. Top components like the CUBE cockpit with Performance stem, Race Flat Bar and Race grips make this a stand out bike.
- Frame:GTC Twin Mold Monocoque Technology, 29 ARG
- Fork:Rock Shox Reba RL AIR, MC, PushLoc, 100mm
- Headset:FSA Orbit I-t-R integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2
- Stem:CUBE Performance Pro, 31,8mm
- Handlebars:CUBE Race Flat Bar Pro, 720 mm
- Grips:CUBE Race Grip, 1-Clamp
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT RD-M781-SGS, Shadow 10-speed
- Front Derailleur:Shimano XT FD-M781, Direct Mount
- Shifters:Shimano SLX SL-M670, I-Spec, Rapidfire- Plus
- Brakes: Shimano Deore XT K-M7851, hydr. Discbrake (180/160mm)
- Crankset:Shimano XT, FC-M782, 40x30x22T, 175mm (180mm for largest frame size)
- Wheelset:Sun Ringl Radium MA 29, QR/QR
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Rocket Ron Kevlar Triple Compound 2.25
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Racing Ralph Kevlar Triple Compound 2.25
- Seat:Selle Italia X1
- Seatpost:RFR Prolight, 31.6mm
- Seatclamp:RFR Varioclose 34.9mm
- Weight:11.1 kg
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Hybrid Cable Routing: The “no fuss” function of electronic shifting convinces more and more riders. Even long-time friends of classic gear shifting won’t want to do without the comfort and performance of electronic shifting once they have used it. Cube have equipped their upper range AGREE GTC and LITENING SUPER HPC models with the capability to house both kinds of gear shifting. You can easily switch to the new electronic system you need only different cable stoppers at the down tube and another flap for the bottom bracket where you can fix the Shimano Short Battery mount nicely.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer:This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Twin Mould Technology: All GTC models are built using this complex manufacturing process. In this process Cube can eliminate possibly dangerous folding by constant control of carbon fibres during the curing process. By using fixed internal forms at junction points the quantity of resin is considerably reduced and the fibres bonded more tightly together. The result is increased product safety and improved stiffness-to-weight values.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Buy Cube Reaction GTC SL 27.5 Hardtail Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords