Cube Reaction Pro 29 Hardtail Bike 2014 -
Cube Reaction Pro 29 Hardtail Bike 2014
A high-performance professional-grade29er hardtail with a XT drivetrain, for fast ridersin cross-country racesor mountain biking in alpine terrain. The triple-buttedHPA 7005 Advanced Hydroformed frame is lightweight andstiff and features a taperedhead tube. The Frame SaveSystem consists of a replaceablederailleur hanger with integrated thread. InternalCable Routing deliversclean appearance and dirtprotection. The tube profilesare cross-ovalized forhigh stiffness. The coldforged brake mount offershigh stiffness and good brake heat dissipation.The sophisticated 100mmFox 32 Float CTD air fork delivers fun on the trail. The Formula RC brakes are known for outstanding performance. Shimano’s XT 3x10 drivetrain is long lasting and very reliable. The Sun Ringl Radium MA wheelset is light and durable, with Schwalbe Rapid Rob tires offering low rolling resistance and optimum traction. Top components like the CUBE cockpit with Performance stem, Rise Trail Bar and Race grips enhance the attractive design.
- Frame:HPA Superlite, Advanced hydroforming, triple butted, 29 ARG
- Fork:Fox 32 Float CTD O/C 100mm
- Headset:FSA Orbit Z-t-R Eco semi-integrated
- Stem:CUBE Performance Pro, 31,8mm
- Handlebars:CUBE Race Flat Bar Pro, 720 mm
- Grips:CUBE Race Grip, 1-Clamp
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT RD-M781-SGS, Shadow 10-speed
- Front Derailleur:Shimano XT FD-M781, Direct Mount
- Shifters:Shimano XT SL-M780, Rapidfire-Plus
- Brake System:Formula RC, hydr. Discbrake (180/160mm)
- Crankset:Shimano XT, FC-M782, 40x30x22T, 175mm (180mm for largest frame size)
- Wheelset:Sun Ringl Radium MA 29, QR/QR
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Rapid Rob, 2.25
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Rapid Rob 2.25
- Seat:Selle Italia X1
- Seatpost:RFR Prolight, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp:RFR Varioclose 31.8mm
- Weight:12.1 kg
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- One Piece Design: Welded joints in Cube's high-quality aluminium frames are specially finished via this method and create the impression of a seamless tube design. This generates the visual effect of moulding and ensures high load bearing capacity.
- Advanced Hydroforming: The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Ultralight: Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Hybrid Cable Routing: The “no fuss” function of electronic shifting convinces more and more riders. Even long-time friends of classic gear shifting won’t want to do without the comfort and performance of electronic shifting once they have used it. Cube have equipped their upper range AGREE GTC and LITENING SUPER HPC models with the capability to house both kinds of gear shifting. You can easily switch to the new electronic system you need only different cable stoppers at the down tube and another flap for the bottom bracket where you can fix the Shimano Short Battery mount nicely.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer:This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
Buy Cube Reaction Pro 29 Hardtail Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords