Cube Stereo 140 HPC Race 29 Suspension Bike 2014 -
Cube Stereo 140 HPC Race 29 Suspension Bike
Perfect for demanding riders, whether clocking up the miles on singletack or tackling challenging alpine terrain. The Cube Stereo 140 HPC Race 29 features a super light and stiff HPC Monocoque carbon main frame combined with a quality 6061 T6 aluminium rear triangle. Add to this Efficient Trail Control- which always allows use of full travel, Agile Ride Geometry, Rock Shox Pikes with 140mm of travel and the Fox Float CTD Boost Valve and you've got a really plush ride. Even at first glance you can tell the Stereo is a quality piece of machinery. With internal cable routing, aluminium fixings, oversize headtube sections, and a Wet Paint Surface finish, it's got looks to match the spec. Also featuring Avid Elixir 7 brakes with 4-piston technology, Sram XO derailleurs, X9 shifters and a S2210 Carbon crankset, the Stereo 140 HPC Race is competition ready and designed for serious fun on the trails.
- Frame:HPC Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology Carbon, Aluminium 6061-T6 rear triangle, ARG, ETC 4-link, AXH
- Forks:Rock Shox Pike RC Solo Air 29, 15QR Maxle, tapered, 140mm
- Rear Shock:Fox Float CTD Boost Valve, 200x57mm, Climb / Trail / Descend fashion, LV air canister
- Shock Hardware:Top -30x8mm, bottom- 22x8mm
- Chainset:Sram S2210 Carbon, 22/36T, 175mm
- Brake/Shift Levers:Sram X9 2x10 speed trigger
- Front Derailleur:Sram XO, High Direct Mount, 2x10-speed
- Rear Derailleur:Sram XO 10-speed, type2, medium cage
- Rims: DT CSW 3.9 straightpull AM wheelset, 28/32 spokes, 15QR/X12, 622x23C tubeless ready, DT SWISS Head Pro reinforcement system Squorx alloy nipples
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar, Trailstar, Snakeskin, 2.35
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar PaceStar, Snakeskin, 2.35
- Front Brake: Avid Elixir 7 Trail hydr.4-Piston Disc Brake (180mm)
- Rear Brake: Avid Elixir 7 Trail hydr.4-Piston Disc Brake (180mm)
- Handlebars:Bar Pro CUBE Flat Race, 720mm, 9
- Grips:CUBE Race Grip, 1-clamp
- Headset:FSA Orbit It integrated, top 1 1/8 ", bottom 1 1/2
- Stem:CUBE Performance Pro, 6
- Saddle:Selle Italia X1 Trail
- Seatpost:Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 31.6mm, 125mm adjustable seatpost, internal routing
- Seatclamp:34.9mm CUBE Screwlock
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Advanced Twin Mould: The Advanced Twin Mold process eliminates any dangerous folding by continuous control of carbon fibres during the curing process. This is made possible by an internal form which provides the perfect frame form during the layup process. Each individual fibre remains precisely in position as it cures. In this way less material can be used as the individual layers can be more accurately and reliably positioned. This production method also makes it possible to increase the carbon fibre proportion in line with anticipated loadings at specific points on the frame. All SUPER HPC models from 2014 on are manufactured using this high-tech method.
- Efficient Trail Control: Cube's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options their frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Fox Customised Setup: Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. Cube have researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every Cube full-suspension model.
- FSP4Link: The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Tapered Steerer: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Trail Motion Rocker: The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger: Cube optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted, allowing the use of longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness are therefore improved and it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount: The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fibre frames and top aluminium full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren’t needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight, in this case saving 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- X12 Through Axle: In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The wheel is positioned by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords