Cube Stereo 160 Super HPC Race MTB Bike 2014 -
Cube Stereo 160 Super HPC Race MTB Bike
The benchmark concerning weight and performance. A great 27.5" frame and componentry which will please every trail lover. This bike concept sums up all the advantages of 27.5" wheels combined with long travel, creating a great fast rolling all-mountain bike. Say hello to the future. Efficient Trail Control four link frame, Advanced Twin Mold construction. ARG geometry gives all the advantages of the bigger wheels and 160mm of travel while retaining nimble handling. Full carbon fibre Trail Motion Rocker for perfect kinematics. All bearing housings are manufactured completely in carbon fibre, minimizing the usage of aluminum parts. FOX Float CT D FIT air fork, 160mm travel. FOX Float CT D BoostValve shock with CUBE custom tune. SRAM X.O components with X.O Type2 derailleur and Race Face Evolve 24/38T 6066 aluminum crank take on all challenges. A Rock Shox Reverb Stealth seatpost give safety and freedom of movement. Formula T1S disc brakes have great stopping power. Easton EA 70 stem and 750mm Haven carbon fibre handlebar let you keep control. The Sun Ringl Radium EM 27.5 wheelset with wide 25mm rim is suited for all-mountain use.
- Frame: Super HPC Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ARG , ETC 4-Link, AXH
- Forks: Fox 34 Float 27.5 CT D FIT , tapered, 15QR , 160mm
- Shock: Fox Float CT D BoostValve, 216x64mm, Climb/Trail/Descend mode, LV air canister
- Shock Hardware: top: 30x8mm, bottom: 22x8mm
- Chainset: Race Face Evolve 24/38T, 175mm
- Brake/Shift Levers: Sram XO Trigger 2x10-speed
- Front Derailleur:Sram XO , High Direct Mount, 2x10-speed
- Rear Derailleur:Sram XO 10-speed, Type2, medium cage
- Rims: Sun Ringl Radium EM 27.5
- Front Hub:15QR
- Rear Hub: X12,
- Spokes: 32 spokes
- Front Tyre: Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar, TrailStar, SnakeSkin, 2.35
- Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar, PaceStar, SnakeSkin, 2.35
- Front Brake:Formula T1S hydr. Discbrake 180mm
- Rear Brake:Formula T1S hydr. Discbrake 180mm
- Handlebars: Easton Haven custom, 750mm
- Grips: CUBE Fritzz Grip, 2-clamp
- Headset: FSA Orbit I-t integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"
- Stem: Easton EA 70, 31.8mm, 8
- Saddle: Selle Italia X1 Trail
- Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 31.6mm, 125mm
- Seatclamp: CUBE Screwlock 34.9mm
Weight: 12.9 kg
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Post Mount: The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fibre frames and top aluminium full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren’t needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight, in this case saving 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger: Cube optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted, allowing the use of longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness are therefore improved and it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Advanced Twin Mould: The Advanced Twin Mold process eliminates any dangerous folding by continuous control of carbon fibres during the curing process. This is made possible by an internal form which provides the perfect frame form during the lay up process. Each individual fibre remains precisely in position as it cures. In this way less material can be used as the individual layers can be more accurately and reliably positioned. This production method also makes it possible to increase the carbon fibre proportion in line with anticipated loadings at specific points on the frame. All SUPER HPC models from 2014 on are manufactured using this high-tech method.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- FSP4Link: The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- X12 Through Axle: In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The wheel is positioned by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords