Cube Sting 120 29 Suspension Bike 2014 -
Cube Sting 120 29 Suspension Bike 2014
Sting is back. You knowthe name, everything elseis totally new. The Sting120 has many of the featuresof his brother, the Stereo.With an XT/SLX package,cool new Deore disc brakesand lightweight Manitou suspension, the Stingfar from entrylevel. With a totally new triplebutted 7005 aluminium frameas the base, using Advanced Mechanical Forming foroptimized tubing,120mm of travel and FSP4-link this is a high-performancesuspension chassis. ETClets the bike behave easilyon every terrain becausebraking and pedalling dont compromise the performance.The balanced ARG AgileRide Geometry lets youfeel confident even onlonger rides through its playful but reliable handling. The cockpit is a real CUBE control centre: CUBE Performance Pro Stem and 720mm Rise Trail Bar for control and fun on the trails.
- Frame:Aluminium 7005, AMF, Triple Butted, ETC 4-Link
- Fork:Manitou Marvel TS Air, Remote Lockout, 120mm
- Rear Shock:Manitou Radium Expert RL, 200x51mm, Rebound, Lockout
- Headset:FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS, top zero-stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), bottom zero-stack 1 1/2" (OD 56mm)
- Stem:CUBE Performance Pro, 6
- Handlebars:CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro, 720mm, 9, 15mm Rise
- Grips:CUBE Performance Grip
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT, RD-M781-SGSL, Shadow 10-speed
- Front Derailleur:Shimano Deore FD-M611-D, direct mount, Down Swing, 3x10-speed
- Shifters:Shimano Deore SL-M610-I Rapidfire-Plus, direct attach
- Brake: systemShimano Deore A-M615 hydr. Discbrake (180/180mm)
- Crankset:Shimano SLX, FC-M672, 40x30x22T, 175mm
- Rims:CUBE ZX24
- Front Hub:Shimano Deore Disc HB-M615 Centrelock
- Rear Hub:Shimano Deore Disc FH-M615 Centrelock
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
- Seat:Selle Italia X1
- Seatpost:CUBE Performance 31.6*400mm
- Seatclamp:CUBE Varioclose 34.9mm
- Shock: top: 30x8mm, bottom: 22x8mm
- Weight:13.95 kg
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Superlight: Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Efficient Trail Control: Cube's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options their frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Anodized Surface: Anodizing is a chemical surface treatment process. The treatment hardens the surface, making the aluminium 1000 times more scratch-resistant than before.
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Fox Customised Setup: Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. Cube have researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every Cube full-suspension model.
- FSP4Link: The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Lazer Design Surface: On Cube's high performance aluminium frames, graphics and text are laser-cut into the material, making them indestructible for a lifetime.
- Tapered Steerer: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Trail Motion Rocker: The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
Buy Cube Sting 120 29 Suspension Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords