Cube Sting 140 Pro 29 Suspension Bike 2014 -
Cube Sting 140 Pro 29 Suspension Bike 2014
Plush 140mm travel and29" wheels convert thisall new aluminium bikeinto a trail rocket. A universal 29er full suspension bikefor riders who want tostart all-mountain experiencesand love the fun enabledby 140mm of travel. Thesuspension kinematicsare inherited from theStereo 140 platform so that evenbig bumps are just suckedup by the Sting 140 Pro.Atotally new triple butted7005 aluminium frame isthe base, using Advanced Mechanical Forming foroptimized tubing. With120mm of travel the FSP4-link works as a high-performancesuspension chassis. ETClets the bike behave easilyon every terrain becausebraking and pedalling dont compromise the performance.The balanced ARG AgileRide Geometry lets youfeel confident even onlonger rides through it's playful but reliable handling. Featuring reliable Shimano SLX, XT and Deore components, a real Cube cockpit, stiff but lightweight wheels with a wider rim to withstand the tougher demands of All Mountain riding and Schwalbe’s Hans Dampf Kevlar folding tyres with a robust SnakeSkin sidewall for super traction.Suddenly there are a dozen newlines on the descent whichyou never noticed before!
- Fork:Fox 34 Float 29 CTD O/C, tapered, 15QR, 140mm
- Rear Shock:Fox Float CTD, 200x57mm, Climb/Trail/Descend mode, LV air canister
- Headset:FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS, top zero-stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), bottom zero-stack 1 1/2" (OD 56mm)
- Stem:CUBE Performance Pro, 6
- Handlebars:CUBE Flat Race Bar Pro, 720mm, 9
- Grips:CUBE Performance Grip
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT, RD-M781-SGSL, Shadow 10-speed
- Front Derailleur:Shimano SLX FD-M671-D, direct mount, Down Swing, 3x10-speed
- Shifters:Shimano SLX SL-M670, direct attach
- Brakes:Shimano Deore A-M615 hydr. Discbrake (180/180mm)
- Crankset:Shimano Deore, FC-M612, 40x30x22T, 175mm
- Wheelset:Sun Ringl Radium AM 29 wheelset, 15QR/X12, 32 spokes
- Front Tyre:Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar, TrailStar, SnakeSkin, 2.35
- Rear Tyre:Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar, PaceStar, SnakeSkin, 2.35
- Seat:Selle Italia X1 Trail
- Seatpost:CUBE Performance 31.6*400mm
- Seatclamp:CUBE Varioclose 34.9mm
- Shock:hardwaretop: 30x8mm, bottom: 22x8mm
- Weight:14.6 kg
- Adaptable X12 Hanger:Cube optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. enabling the use of longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved and it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Integrated Cable Routing:Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Fox Customised Setup:Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. Cube have researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every Cube full-suspension model.
- FSP4Link:The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Integrated Post Mount:The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fibre frames and top aluminium full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren’t needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight, in this case saving 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB:With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows the use of a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer:This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of Cube's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Trail Motion Rocker:The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- Wet Paint Surface:On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- X12 Through Axle:In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The wheel is positioned by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
BuyCube Sting 140 Pro 29 Suspension Bike 2014from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords