Home > Wheels > 26 inch wheels
Fulcrum Red Heat Disc MTB Wheelset 2014 -
The 2011 season will see a new addition to the DH/Freeride Fulcrum wheel series: the Fulcrum Red Heat
With this newly born wheel, Fulcrum shows its desire to be an established player in the world of Downhill and Freeride. The red F company already "rules" this world with the indestructible Red Fire. A result of a joint collaboration between Fulcrum engineers and the most demanding world class cyclists, the Red Heat is the best option to introduce yourself to the DH/FR world.
Designed to be solid and strong, the Red Heat is ready to avoid any obstacles and land safely after a jump. Weighing less than 2200g, it is an excellent achievement for its category. Designed for classic clincher and tube wheels, the Red Heat boasts a 22mm rim for a better foot print and unfaltering grip.
The graphics were specially designed to give the wheels a more aggressive look and to make bikes more attractive from the wide handlebars to over 150mm "ranges".
The hubs are oversize, in aluminium alloy, and adopt the Thru-Axle standards (20 mm/110mm for the front wheel and 12 mm/150mm for the rear). This increases rigidity, offers better wheel control and avoids friction between discs and pads.
- There are 32 plain and reinforced spokes both in the front and rear wheel, made of variable section
stainless steel ( 2,2/2/1,8/2).
- Simpler maintenance is also a feature, self-locking nipples, and re-designed spoke interfaces ensure easier spoke replacement.
- Red Heat is compatible with all the 6-bolt ISO breaking systems.
- Average weight*: front: 1012g, rear: 1190g: The weight of the wheels does not include the quick release, and it refers to the lightest configuration.
- 2:1 Two-to-one Spoke Ratio: The 2:1 Two-to-One system has been used for all the rear wheels and for the first time Fulcrum has also extended their advantages to all the front wheels fitted with disc brakes. The doubling of the spokes on the critical side makes it possible to reduce the unit load borne by each spoke as the spokes themselves are no longer subject to the mechanical stress resulting from the different disc. Overcoming this drawback the spokes will be able to transfer the forces exerted at the rear by the pedalling traction and at the front by the torsion torque of braking, and give the front wheel previously unknown stability.
- Oversize Axle: The hubs designed for Fulcrum wheels employ a generously dimensioned design for both the central body and for the rotation axis. The diameter of the latter, 20 mm for all the models with disc brakes, guarantees high resistance to transverse and torsional stresses. A contribution is also made to this result by the mechanical architecture of the hub which, in the AFS version, is provided with bearings with a double ball-bearing race positioned outside the flange, so that it is aligned with the disc on the respective side.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Wheels
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords