Garmin Edge 500 Red HRM and Cadence Bundle -
Garmin Edge 500 Bundle
Sharpen your cycling performance with Edge 500, a lightweight GPS-based cycling computer for performance-driven cyclists. Loaded with data, Edge 500 tracks your distance, speed, location and elevation with high sensitivity GPS. Add an ANT ™ compatible heart rate monitor, speed/cadence sensor or compatible power meter for a finely-tuned analysis of your ride.
Jumpstart Your Training: The Edge 500 attaches easily to the stem or handlebars of your bike with its low-profile bike mount. The Edge attaches easily to the mount with a simple quarter-turn. When you're ready to ride, just power on your Edge, acquire GPS satellites and go. Edge 500 features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix™ satellite prediction to calculate your position faster.
Get the Data You Need: During your ride, Edge 500 measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, and records this data for your review. For extra-precise climb and descent data, Edge 500 also incorporates a barometric altimeter to pinpoint changes in elevation.
All Edge 500 versions work with third-party ANT -enabled power meters to display your power output in watts as you ride. This valuable data shows you how hard you're working, regardless of conditions affecting your ride, so you can train smarter. Some versions also ship with a digital heart rate monitor and speed/cadence sensor.
Other helpful training features include a Courses feature, which helps you compare successive rides over the same route, as well as Auto Pause, Auto Lap and temperature readings. Edge also alerts you if you’re moving but the timer is not running.
Track Your Heart Rate: When paired with a Garmin heart rate monitor, Edge 500 tracks heart beats per minute and uses your heart rate for advanced calorie computation, so you know how many calories you're burning. Train in a certain heart-rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performance over the same ride.
Analyze Your Ride: Once your ride’s done, connect Edge 500 to your computer with the included USB cable to analyze your performance. With a simple click, you can join a worldwide network of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts through Garmin Connect™, a one-stop site for data analysis and sharing.
Garmin Edge 500 Bundle Physical & Performance:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 1.9" x 2.7" x 0.85" (4.8 x 6.9 x 2.2 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 1.17" x 1.44" (3.0 x 3.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 128 x 160 pixels
- Weight: 2 oz (56.7 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 18 hours
- Water resistant: yes (IPX7)
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- RoHS version available: yes
Garmin Edge 500 Bundle Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: no
- Ability to add maps: no
- Accepts data cards: no
- Lap history: 1,000 laps (dependent on memory usage)
- Waypoints/favourites/locations: 0
- Routes: 0
Garmin Edge 500 Bundle Features:
- Heart rate monitor: yes (Premium Version)
- Bike speed/cadence sensor: yes
- Foot pod: no
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): no
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
- Garmin Training Center® software compatible: yes
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): no
- Courses (compete against previous workouts): yes
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): yes
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap): yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): yes
- Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): no
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): no
- Simple workouts (input time, distance and calorie goals): no
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): no
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): yes
- Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert): no
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): no
- Heart rate-based calorie computation: yes
- Customizable screen(s): yes
- Barometric altimeter: yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT ™-enabled power meters): yes (records data approx. 1 per second)
- Sport watch: no
What’s in the box?
- Edge 500
- Bike mount
- AC charger
- **NOTE: Uk Charger Supplied, adaptors required for other countries**
- USB cable
- Owner's manual on disk
- Quick start manual
- Premium Heart Rate Monitor
- Speed Sensor
- Cadence Sensor
Buy Garmin Edge 500 Bundle from Chain Reaction Cycles, the worlds largest online bicycle store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Computers and GPSNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords