Ghost AMR Riot Lector 9 Suspension Bike 2014 -
Ghost AMR Riot Lector 9 Suspension Bike 2014
The AMR Riot Lector 9 mission was maximum performance with minimum weight. The result is a distinguished trail bike of premium class. Thanks to the newly developed frame with Riot Link Ghost have increased the travel while retaining optimum climbing characteristics. We focused on every tiny detail of this dream equipment package. This bike is built for riding pleasure without limits on all the trails of this world.
- Frame: AMR 650B UHM/HM Carbon
- Stem: Ritchey WCS 31.8 mm
- Forks: Fox Forx 32F FIT Factory CTD Kashima 130 mm
- Handlebars: Ritchey WCS Carbon UD Rizer 9 D 710 mm 31.8 mm
- Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 31.6 Travel 125 mm
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR 10-Speed Plus
- Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
- Shifter: Shimano XTR SL
- Crankset: Shimano XTR 38-26 / 11-36
- Brakes: Shimano XTR Disc 180 mm
- Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
- Rims: Easton Haven Wheelset
- Rear Hub:Easton Haven Wheelset
- Front Hub: Easton Haven Wheelset
- Rear Shock: Fox Float CTD Adjust BV LV Kashima 130 mm
- Front Travel: 130 mm
- Weight: 11.2 kg
- Geometry Concept: Through years of experience, Ghost have developed a very effective principle that can now be found on all of their mountain bikes. The features are: short chainstays, a slack headtube angle, and a steep seat tube angle. The short chainstays give you manoeuvrability in corners, the slack headtube angle gives the control in the descents and the steep seat tube angle creates the best sitting position for efficient climbing. The magic combination of these three key measurements also results in the best wheelbase length and cockpit length for every frame size. The results is the optimum combination of manoeuvrability, control and propulsion.
- Four Bar Linkage: Rear-suspension performance used and proven for years by GHOST, the Four Bar Linkage system uses an advanced principle where braking forces dont influence the function of the suspension. Pedal efficiency up the hill and maximum traction down the hill are guaranteed!
- Control Cockpit: Wider and shorter are the two keys for greater control. Using wider handlebars and a shorter stem results in the same position for your upper body but a different position for your hands. With your hands positioned more widely you will have more control on the trail.
- High Modulus Carbon: Stiff, strong and handmade with precision. HM Carbon is designed for optimal strength and stiffness, the layer build-up is optimized on every spot of the frame for the best performance, the HM Carbon allows certain sections of the frame to be super stiff, while other sections remain flexible. Reliability and high performance for your ride are the key words.
- Ultra High Modulus Carbon: Stiff, strong, ultra lightweight and handmade with precision. Used on the top models of all carbon series, the fibres used are one of a kind. Optimal frame strength and stiffness can be achieved with less material than ever before, resulting in the lightest frames we have ever made. Alexandra Engen proved the performance capability of her 940-gram HTX Lector 2990 frame by winning the World Championship Cross Country Eliminator in 2012. With UHM Carbon, only the best.
- Symmetrical Design: Balance means dynamics, and we have considered every detail in the engineering process, leading to the optical and functional balance in the frame by symmetry. The chain- and seatstays of the frame have different functions on the left and right side, but the core design is the same.
- Internal Cable Routing: The cables used for braking and shifting are hidden in the frame. In addition to the clean optics, this also secures the function of the cables. Function and design combined in one simple solution Internal Cable Routing.
- Disconnect Brake Mount: An innovative technical solution with an astonishing design. The rear brake is now connected directly to the X12 axle and saves the carbon frame from a lot of forces. The excellent force-flow through the aluminium brake mount, the reduction of forces in the carbon frame and the overall weight reduction are the results of this unique design.
- Composite Bushings: The lightweight bushings in the frame‘s pivots are an innovation for rear suspension. The composite material in combination with our anodized aluminium axles are responsible for a very low amount of friction, this results in a super sensible suspension system. Besides it‘s superb function the composite bushings also guarantee a very long lifetime without the chance of corrosion.
- Riot Link: The revolution in rear suspension, the all-new patented RIOT-Link is the new industry benchmark. The RIOT-Link uses numerous new technical solutions that create the most advanced suspension system in the world. The experience on the trail is completely new, the RIOT-Link allows you to go faster and ride more than ever before while the control makes every ride safer! Technically, the RIOT-Link uses a ‘floating-shock’ that is controlled from two sides. The upper rocker controls the first 80% of the travel, while the lower rocker kicks in on the last 20% of travel. This unique combination results in a whole new performance-level: Big impacts are absorbed super-controlled and the first 80% of the travel is used more efficient.
- Integrated Frame Protection: The beauty of the carbon fibre frame is protected with very soft foil that‘s integrated in the surface of the chainstays and the lower part of the downtube. A very small chainguide eliminates any damage to the frame and also guarantees the function of the drivetrain.
- Acros Headset: Hidden in the frame, the Acros headset deserves some attention made in Germany to guarantee precision, durability and function, the Acros headsets are simply the best you can wish for.
Buy Ghost AMR Riot Lector 9 Suspension Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords