Ghost ASX 5500 Suspension Bike 2014 -
Ghost ASX 5500 Suspension Bike 2014
The ASX 5500 is a real sport tourer. Lightweight, agile and always easy to control, even when the trail gets tricky. Our ASX climbs uphill fast and effortlessly. These riding characteristics, combined with great equipment and finest chassis components, make our ASX 5500 the perfect companion!
- Frame: ASX 650B Alloy DB
- Stem: GHOST AS-DC1 31.8 mm
Fox Forx 32F CTD 130 mm
- Handlebars: GHOST Low Rizer light 700 mm 31.8 mm
- Seatpost: GHOST light SP DC 1 31.6 mm
- Saddle: GHOST 2055 comfort
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 10-Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Shifter: Shimano Deore
- Crankset: Shimano Deore
- Brakes: Shimano 445 Disc 180 mm
- Tyres: Schwalbe Smart Sam 2.25
- Rims: Ryde Taurus 21
- Rear Hub: Shimano Deore
- Front Hub: Shimano Deore
- Shock: X-Fusion E1 RL Air 120 mm
- Front Travel: 130mm
- Rear Travel: 120mm
- Weight: 13.6 kg
- Four Bar Linkage: Rear-suspension performance used and proven for years by GHOST, the Four Bar Linkage system uses an advanced principle where braking forces dont influence the function of the suspension. Pedal efficiency up the hill and maximum traction down the hill are guaranteed!
- Control Cockpit: Wider and shorter are the two keys for greater control. Using wider handlebars and a shorter stem results in the same position for your upper body but a different position for your hands. With your hands positioned more widely you will have more control on the trail.
- Geometry Concept: Through years of experience, Ghost have developed a very effective principle that can now be found on all of their mountain bikes. The features are: short chainstays, a slack headtube angle, and a steep seat tube angle. The short chainstays give you manoeuvrability in corners, the slack headtube angle gives the control in the descents and the steep seat tube angle creates the best sitting position for efficient climbing. The magic combination of these three key measurements also results in the best wheelbase length and cockpit length for every frame size. The results is the optimum combination of manoeuvrability, control and propulsion.
- E:I Shock: Set your sag, adjust the rebound, go ride and the bike will do the rest! Open, Medium or Lock, these three modes are set automatically during the ride. Everything works automatically through an intelligent electric system. Two sensors do the job the first sensor in the bottom bracket measures pedal activity and the second sensor on the fork measures the roughness of the terrain. In less than 0.1 seconds, the system changes the shock setting, and a controller on the handlebars allows you to fixate the mode if desired. The display on the handlebars shows the current shock-mode, but also numerous other functions like distance, temperature and time. During the ride, the E:i Shock does its job, letting you concentrate on the trail, enjoy the marvellous panorama, or chat with your mate!
- 27.5 Inch Wheels: The perfect combination of traction, dynamics and control. What seems to be such a small difference is exactly what convinces so many riders,it’s balanced and that’s how it feels.
- Hydroformed Aluminium: The process of hydroforming uses extremely high pressure liquids to form aluminium to the desired shape in a mold. One of the biggest advantages of the hydroforming process is summarized by the word ‘force flow’. This means that every area of the frame is optimized not only for the best strength and stiffness, but also for the best force flow. In addition to the technical advantages the hydroforming process allows production of the most stunning designs.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords