Home > Helmets > MTB helmets
Giro Athlon Helmet 2012 -
Giro Athlon Helmet 2012
The Athlon was developed with a single purpose in mind—XC racing. This helmet combines 23 generous Wind Tunnel™ vents plus smooth style, a compact shape, minimal weight, and an updated, low profile P.O.V.™ visor. You’re not going to find a better performing, more comfortable, competition-specific MTB helmet. The Athlon will keep you on top, whether it’s a world cup XC, a 24-hour race, a local short track or a high speed Super D. At the very least, you’ll look good trying.
- Suggested Use: MTB XC Race, MTB Endurance/Marathon, MTB Trail Ride
- Features: Updated low-profile P.O.V ™ adjustable visor w/ 15° vertical adjustment
- Construction: In-mold - EPS liner, polycarbonate shell
- Fit System: Roc Loc® 5 Ventilation:23 Wind Tunnel™ vents, internal channelling
- In-Mold Construction: In-mold construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows us to sculpt better ventilation systems, so In-mold helmets can be lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- Wind Tunnel Ventilation: Giro helmets are developed utilizing our proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channelling makes a difference that riders will immediately feel and appreciate.
- P.O.V Visor: Point Of View visors are anchored by a patented internal clutch mechanism that allows 15-degrees of tool-free, on-the-fly vertical adjustment while preventing the visor from rattling and coming loose over rough and technical terrain.
- Roll Cage: Roll Cage reinforcement is a tough web of DuPont ® Nylon® molded inside a helmet’s EPS foam liner. It provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never notice…unless you need it.
Roc Loc 5: After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible.
- Three-Position Bracket: It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work flawlessly with Giro eyewear (what we call Super Fit engineering).
- Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe.
- Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.
This helmet conforms to, or exceeds EU Standards only.
Buy Giro Athlon Helmet 2012 at Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online cycling store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all HelmetsNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords