Home > Wheels > 26 inch wheels
Mavic Crossmax SLR MTB Rear Wheel 2014 -
Mavic UST Mountain Bike Rear Wheel
Developed with top Mavic athletes, the Crossmax SLR UST Mountain Bike Wheel sets a new standard in the Cross-country world: system performance for only 1440g! A new extra-light 19 mm rim reduces inertia to its minimum while the ITS-4 free-wheel provides the fastest engagement. Result: the most dynamic ride ever!
Key Benefits for Mavic UST Mountain Bike Wheel:
- Exclusive SSC wheel-system: the pros choice
- Developed with and endorsed by Mavic pro-racers (Orbea Cannondale and Luna)
- World Cup level lightweight system - 1440 grams
- Distinctive SSC design approach
- Highly responsive UST wheel-system for fast accelerations
- Low inertia: Light yet wide rim, ISM 3D
- Stiff system: 19 mm rim, thru-axle compatible, Maxtal, Fore, Zicral
- High energy transfer: ITS-4, Isopulse, UST, asymmetrical rim
- Convenience and reliability of a Mavic UST system
- Compatibility: 19c rim to fit a wide range of tyre standards, broad disc and axle compatibility
- Ease of use: ready to ride UST standard
- Mavic race proven technologies: UST, SUP, Fore, ITS-4, QRM
- Weight: 780 grams
Mavix Mountain Bike Wheel Technologies:
- ISM 3D: Inter Spoke Milling 3 Dimension. ISM3D pushes the envelope of ISM one step further by not only machining the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke holes, but also its sidewalls. Machined sidewalls save even more weight and inertia to boost your acceleration and enhance climbing performance.
- UST: Universal Standard for Tubeless. Traction and control. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats. - No tube, no tape, fully sealed rim for convenient handling - Enables to ride at lower tyre pressure - UST rim profile with specific humps to fix securely the tyre beads - Compatible with all types of tyres (UST, Tubeless ready, tubetype).
- ITS-4: Instant Transfer System 4. Using 4 pawls working 2 by 2, the system provides a more dynamic ride, thanks to a very fast engagement. Its versatility makes it compatible with all kind of frame retention system. - Better energy transmission: fast engagement, only 7,5° freeplay between two engaged positions - Stiffer: 17mm monobloc axle - 12mm through axle compatible to fit any kind of frame retention system.
- QRM : Qualité de Roulements Mavic . Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealled with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system, allowing you to quickly adjust your wheels according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
- Fore: Only one of the 2 rim wall is "drilled": The rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress 20% increase in the rim rigidity to transfer all of your energy to the ground.
- Isopulse: This spoke lacing design consist in lacing the spokes radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side. This lacing pattern brings better wheel stability and a crystal clear transmission of energy thanks to a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- SUP: Soud Usin Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish. A welded and milled rim joint is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking, and offers superior wheel balance.
- Zicral: A highly resistant and lightweight aluminium alloy for spokes.
- Maxtal: Exclusive to Mavic. An aluminium alloy that is 30% more resistant than a 6106 alloy, for lighter and stronger rims.
Mavic Rear Wheel Specifications:
- Material: Maxtal
- Color: Double anodization, black rim, silver ISM
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Disc brake specific profile
- Weight reduction: ISM 3D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 19 mm, asymmetrical
- ETRTO size: 559x19C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 1.5 to 2.3
- Material: Zicral
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Color: black 1 half black / half white
- Nipples: integrated M7 aluminum with brake rings
- Count: 20
- Lacing: Isopulse
- Bodies: oversize aluminum
- Color: white
- Rear axle material: Rear titanium and aluminum
- ITS-4 alloy
Version - Rear:
- Rear Hub: 135mm x 12mm out of the box
- includes 9mm QR adapters and QR
- 142mm x 12mm (X12) adapters
- UST Valve
- 6 x Rotor Bolts
Buy Mavic UST Mountain Bike Wheels from Chain Reaction Cycles, the online bicycle store for every style of cyclist.
NOT AVAILABLE OUTSIDE THE EU
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all WheelsNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords