Home > Wheels > 26 inch wheels
Mavic Crossmax SLR MTB Wheelset 2014 -
Mavic Crossmax SLR 6-Bolt Wheelset
Developed with top Mavic athletes, the Crossmax SLR sets a new standard in the Cross-country world: system performance for only 1440g! A new extra-light 19 mm rim reduces inertia to its minimum while the ITS-4 free-wheel provides the fastest engagement. Result: the most dynamic ride ever!
- Weight (pair of wheels): 1440 grams
- Front wheel: 660 grams
Mavic Crossmax SLR 6-Bolt Wheelset Technologies:
- ISM 3D: Inter Spoke Milling 3 Dimension. ISM3D pushes the envelope of ISM one step further by not only machining the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke holes, but also its sidewalls. Machined sidewalls save even more weight and inertia to boost your acceleration and enhance climbing performance.
- ITS-4: Instant Transfer System 4. Using 4 pawls working 2 by 2, the system provides a more dynamic ride, thanks to a very fast engagement. Its versatility makes it compatible with all kind of frame retention system. - Better energy transmission: fast engagement, only 7,5° freeplay between two engaged positions - Stiffer: 17mm monobloc axle - 12mm through axle compatible to fit any kind of frame retention system
- UST: Universal Standard for Tubeless. Traction and control. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats. - No tube, no tape, fully sealed rim for convenient handling - Enables to ride at lower tyre pressure - UST rim profile with specific humps to fix securely the tyre beads - Compatible with all types of tyres (UST, Tubeless ready, tubetype).
- QRM Qualité de Roulements Mavic . Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealled with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system, allowing you to quickly adjust your wheels according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
- Fore: Only one of the 2 rim wall is "drilled": The rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress 20% increase in the rim rigidity to transfer all of your energy to the ground.
- Isopulse: This spoke lacing design consist in lacing the spokes radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side. This lacing pattern brings better wheel stability and a crystal clear transmission of energy thanks to a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- SUP: Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish. A welded and milled rim joint is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking, and offers superior wheel balance.
- Zicral: A highly resistant and and lightweight aluminum alloy for spokes.
- Maxtal: Exclusive to Mavic. An aluminum alloy that is 30% more resistant than a 6106 alloy, for lighter and stronger rims.
Mavic Crossmax SLR 6-Bolt Wheelset Features:
- Material: Maxtal
- Color: Double anodization, black rim, silver ISM
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Disc brake specific profile
- Weight reduction: ISM 3D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 19 mm, asymmetrical
- ETRTO size: 559x19C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 1.5 to 2.3
- Material: Zicral
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Color: black 1 half black / half white
- Nipples: integrated M7 aluminum with brake rings
- Count: 20 front and rear
- Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Front and rear bodies: oversize aluminum
- Color: white
- Front axle material: aluminum
- Rear axle material: titanium and aluminum
- ITS-4 alloy
- BX601 quick releases
- UST valve and accessories
- Front QR adapters
- Specific disc bolts
- Computer magnet (front wheel)
- Bearing adjustment tool (rear wheel)
- Spoke wrench (rear wheel)
- Spoke holder for aerodynamic spokes (rear wheel)
- User guide
- Rear 12x142mm adapters
Buy Mavic Crossmax SLR 6-Bolt Wheelsets from Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online bicycle store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all WheelsNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords