Home > Wheels > 26 inch wheels
Mavic Crossmax ST Disc MTB Front Wheel 2014 -
Cross-country technologies smartly adapted to Cross-mountain. Versatility at its best. The Crossmax ST gets lighter to offer outstanding responsiveness. Yet, this “real” mountain-bike wheelset remains tough for Cross-mountain use and abuse. Worry-free ride!
Mavic Crossmax ST MTB 6-Bolt Front Wheel Features:
- Weight: 765 grams
- Material: Maxtal
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Disc brake specific profile
- Weight reduction: ISM
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 19 mm
- ETRTO size: 559x19C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 1.5 to 2.3
- Material: Zicral
- Shape: straight pull, round
- Nipples: integrated M7 aluminium with brake rings
- Count: 24
- Lacing: crossed 2
- Body: oversize aluminium
- Axle material: aluminium
- UST valve
- 15 mm adapters
- Computer magnet (front wheel)
- User guide
Mavic Crossmax ST Wheel Technology:
ISM - Low inertia Inter Spoke Milling. Lighter rim and equal rigidity is the magic equation to reduce inertia and to free extra power for climbing. A Mavic patented exclusive concept (US 6 402 256).
- Lighter: easier and faster climbing
- Less inertia: instant and effortless acceleration
UST - Traction and control Universal Standard for Tubeless. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
- No tube, no tape, fully sealed rim for convenient handling
- Enables to ride at lower tyre pressure
- UST rim profile with specific humps to fix securely the tyre beads
- Compatible with all types of tyres (UST, Tubeless ready, tubetype)
QRM - Qualit de Roulements Mavic Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealled with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency.
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
Fore - Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
SUP - Stronger and smoother joint Soud Usin Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint.
- Eliminates shuddering when braking.
- Superior wheel balance.
Maxtal - Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher weight to strength ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Zicral - A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness to weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all WheelsNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords