Home > Wheels > 26 inch wheels
Mavic Deemax Ultimate MTB Front Wheel 2014 -
Factory Mountain Bike Complete wheels from Mavic
The most lightweight and responsive downhill racing wheel available, Developed with our world cup athletes, this exclusive Deemax Ultimate UST Mountain Bike Wheel is the first pure downhill racing wheelset below 2 kilos. Extremely light rims and double butted bladed spokes provide better control to speed towards the finish line.
Key Benefits for Mavic Deemax Ultimate UST Mountain Bike Wheels:
- Ultralight downhill wheelset, Light rim: 21c, ISM machining (central spine)
- Ultra-light components: ITS-4, ultra-light spokes
- Ultimate responsiveness and improved vertical compliance
- Less inertia: ISM machining
- Ultra-light double butted spokes
- Instant engagement: ITS-4 freewheel
- Developed with and for DH world cup racers
- THE yellow Deemax
- Increased vertical compliance
- Weight: 1965 grams, rear wheel 6 bolts: 1055 grams, front wheel 6 bolts: 910 grams
Mavic Mountain Bike Wheel Technologies:
- ISM: Inter Spoke Milling Lighter rim and equal rigidity is the magic equation to reduce inertia and to free extra power for climbing. A Mavic patented exclusive concept (US 6 402 256).
- UST: Universal Standard for Tubeless. Traction and control. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats. - No tube, no tape, fully sealed rim for convenient handling - Enables to ride at lower tyre pressure - UST rim profile with specific humps to fix securely the tyre beads - Compatible with all types of tyres (UST, Tubeless ready, tubetype).
- IST-4: Instant Transfer System 4. Using 4 pawls working 2 by 2, the system provides a more dynamic ride, thanks to a very fast engagement. Its versatility makes it compatible with all kind of frame retention system. - Better energy transmission: fast engagement, only 7,5 freeplay between two engaged positions - Stiffer: 17mm monobloc axle - 12mm through axle compatible to fit any kind of frame retention system
- QRM: Qualit de Roulements Mavic . Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system, allowing you to quickly adjust your wheels according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
- Fore: Only one of the 2 rim wall is "drilled": The rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress 20% increase in the rim rigidity to transfer all of your energy to the ground.
- SRS: Spoke Retention System. The hub shell slots special machining makes sure that the spoke head is imprisoned and will not pop out of the hub. The spoke still can travel in the slot, in order to let the wheel absorb some of the terrain obstacles: No spoke ejection, even under very hard frontal hits The wheel stays vertically compliant.
- SUP: Soude Usine Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish. A welded and milled rim joint is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking, and offers superior wheel balance.
- Maxtal: Exclusive to Mavic. An aluminium alloy that is 30% more resistant than a 6106 alloy, for lighter and stronger rims.
Mavic Wheel Specifications:
- Material: Maxtal
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Disc brake specific profile
- Weight reduction: ISM with central spine
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Graphisms: hot stamped
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 21 mm
- ETRTO size: 559x21C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 2.0 to 2.5
- Material:stainless steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted 2.0-1.6
- Nipples: integrated M7 aluminium with brake rings
- Count: front 28, rear 32
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 3
- Front and rear bodies: aluminium with Spoke Retention System (SRS: special machining to avoid spoke ejection)
- Front and rear axle material: steel
- ITS-4 alloy
NOT AVAILABLE OUTSIDE THE EU
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Wheels
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords