Home > Helmets > MTB helmets
MET Parabellum Helmet 2014 -
MET Parabellum Helmet
A whole new allmountain generation. Its large visor on the front characterizes the new Parabellum just as the entanglement of the two shells clearly visible at the rear. It has excellent head coverage for such a feather- weight. It is without a doubt the best all-mountain helmet.
MET Parabellum Helmet Features:
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion construction - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory. In-mould construction involves fusing together in the same matrix the two parts of the helmet shell (the interior which is generally black or grey polystyrene and the coloured polycarbonate exterior) during the moulding process. This construction technique provides better shock-absorption results than the Twin-Shell at equivalent volume and material density. Thanks to the In-mould Intelligent Fusion process, MET goes even further by using different densities of material depending on the characteristics of each model to improve the weight/volume ratio while optimising the shock absorption capacity.
- HES Construction - Homothetic Embedded Skeleton. In the event of an impact the pressure on the helmet shell is uneven, however, in reality most of the pressure is concentrated within a limited area. HES construction, which involves embedding a homothetic skeleton at the back of the helmet, spreads the pressure built up by compression at the impact point, and thus dissipates the force of impact over the whole shell. This exceptional design and a manufacturing technique, that today only MET has mastered, makes the HES concept a new reference in cycle helmet construction.
- Adjustable visor with integrated air intake vents - The visors role is to protect the face and especially the eyes from branches, sun or, in bad weather, against mud flicked up by bikes in front. When the visor has air vents it actively helps cool the head by directing the air towards the inside of the helmet. The tilt of the visor can be adjusted by loosening anodised aluminium side screws. This allows you to fine tune your field of view. Note that at the highest position the visor leaves enough space for your goggles strap in 'rest' position.
- Gel 02 anti-allergenic front pad - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory. Instead of absorbing perspiration it sends it towards the sides of the face. With superior hygiene, a much longer lifespan, a natural capacity to adapt to body shape, its thickness remaining stable over time... the GEL O2 front pad offers so many advantages that it will permanently change your idea of helmet comfort. Originating from the medical industry, it is hypo-allergenic, anti-bacterial, made from thermo-stabilising polyurethane morpho-gel, and it helps keeps the head really cool, a key factor not only for comfort but also for the cyclists performance. Hand washable.
- CoolmaxTM anti-allergenic interior pads - The high-tech material assures rapid evaporation of absorbed perspiration for greater comfort. Hand washable.
- Safe-T Smart - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our R/s&s/D laboratory. Occipital retention system. Its role is to ensure that the helmet is held firmly on the head. A dial at the back of the helmet for easy one-hand size adjustment. The internal mechanism was designed for precision and reliability. The Safe-T Smart also includes a vertical adjustment to position precisely where the helmet touches the head. Thanks to the broader and lighter contact area, the pressure on the head is distributed in a homogenous way for added comfort.
- MOPOV video support kit - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory. Now anyone can film themselves while riding. And to help you we have designed the MOPOV (My Own Point Of View) kit which allows you to fit your onboard camera onto your helmet in a flash. Removable kit fitted to the centre of helmet. An Allen key is all you need to fit the kit. Light weight. System suitable for multi-brands. Nothing remains on the helmet after use. The self-adhesive fitting on your camera fixes to the MOPOV and not to the helmet itself.
- Air Lite straps - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory. The straps on the new Stradivarius are made from a revolutionary technique of weaving polyester fibres which aids sweat evaporation and provides greater tensile strength with less weight.
- Air Lite lateral dividers - Air Lite lateral dividers go way beyond their primary function which is to lock the straps into position. Indeed, their ultra-flat design helps reduce aerodynamic drag.
- Reflective rear stickers - Being visible is essential to the safety of a cyclist. At night or in tunnels, the reflective sticker placed at the back of the helmet makes the bike visible to drivers approaching from behind.
- Weight: M235g,L250g.
- Head Contact Surface (HCS): 55%
- Cooling Factor (CF): 7,5
- Certified EN 1078 and AS/NZS2063.
MET Parabellum Helmet Technology:
METs Air Scale:
- A real performance indictor of the helmets level of ventilation. When defining ventilation efficiency, a fundamental aspect which directly influences a cyclists performance, most helmet manufacturers simply indicate the number of air intakes for such and such model, implying that the helmet with the greatest number of air intakes is therefore the best ventilated. However, in reality, this indication alone does not provide any real information about the true capacity of the helmet to keep the head cool.
- MET, on the other hand, has developed its own protocol to measure the helmets performance in terms of ventilation called Air Scale, which measures two fundamental parameters. The Head Contact Surface (HCS) and the Cooling Factor (CF).
Cooling Factor (CF):
- The cooling factor is calculated using Fluid Flow Analysis. Through this very high-tech computerized analysis system particle traces are used to visualize and measure the motion of mass-less particles that are placed in a flow field. In our case we measure the velocity and temperature of the air as it goes through the helmet in order to rate each helmet accordingly to its capacity of keeping the head cool. The higher the Cooling Factor, the cooler the head.
Head Contact Surface (HCS):
- The Head Contact Surface indicates in percentage how much of the head is in contact with the helmet. It is easy to understand that where the head is in contact with the helmet there is no room for the air to circulate. The HCS provides a key information to rate a helmet ventilation. The lower the HCS, the better the ventilation.
Buy MET Parabellum Helmet from Chain Reaction Cycles, the Worlds Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all HelmetsNo comments yet.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords