Home > Helmets > MTB helmets
MET Terra Helmet 2014 -
MET Terra Helmet
Dedicated to all-mountain riding. When creating Terra our designers kept in mind essentials for all-mountain riding. Active head cooling; branch deflector visor; light-weight and a secure fit so that the helmet holds firmly to the head even on the roughest terrain. There is just a touch of 'old school design, a nod to the legendary MET Anaxagore and its spiked air vents. An explosive mix which has made Terra our best-selling MTB helmet.
MET Terra Helmet Features:
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion construction - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory. In-mould construction involves fusing together in the same matrix the two parts of the helmet shell (the interior which is generally black or grey polystyrene and the coloured polycarbonate exterior) during the moulding process. This construction technique provides better shock-absorption results than the Twin- Shell at equivalent volume and material density. Thanks to the In-mould Intelligent Fusion process, MET goes even further by using different densities of material depending on the characteristics of each model to improve the weight/volume ratio while optimising the shock absorption capacity.
- Adjustable visor with integrated air intake - The visors role is to protect the face and especially the eyes from branches, sun or, in bad weather, against mud flicked up by bikes in front. When the visor has air vents it actively helps cool the head by directing the air towards the inside of the helmet. No-tool adjustment. Choose which one of the two positions is more suitable to your riding style.
- Anti-allergenic interior pads - The interior pads are vitally important for helmet comfort. We only use anti-allergenic fabric varying the thickness according to the position in the helmet. Hand washable.
- Safe-T Twist 2 - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory. Occipital retention system. Its role is to ensure that the helmet is held firmly on the head. There is a dial at the back of the helmet for easy one-hand size adjustment. The internal mechanism was designed for precision and reliability.
- Reflective rear stickers - Being visible is essential to the safety of a cyclist. At night or in tunnels, the reflective sticker placed at the back of the helmet makes the bike visible to drivers approaching from behind.
- Strong-fit lateral dividers - Exclusive technology developed by engineers in our Research and Development laboratory. For a helmet to be fully protective it must be adjusted to fit securely. It must also remain secure whilst being used. MET helmets are all fitted with lockable lateral dividers (where the front and back straps meet). Positioning them correctly, in other words just under the ears, then blocking them in the chosen position is childs play.
- Developed, tested and approved by the MAD (MET Active Development) team together with our R&D dept.
- Weight: 250 g.
- Head Contact Surface (HCS): 65%
- Cooling Factor (CF): 6,5
- Certified EN 1078 and AS/NZS2063
MET Terra Helmet Technology:
METs Air Scale:
- A real performance indictor of the helmets level of ventilation. When defining ventilation efficiency, a fundamental aspect which directly influences a cyclists performance, most helmet manufacturers simply indicate the number of air intakes for such and such model, implying that the helmet with the greatest number of air intakes is therefore the best ventilated. However, in reality, this indication alone does not provide any real information about the true capacity of the helmet to keep the head cool.
- MET, on the other hand, has developed its own protocol to measure the helmets performance in terms of ventilation called Air Scale, which measures two fundamental parameters. The Head Contact Surface (HCS) and the Cooling Factor (CF).
Cooling Factor (CF):
- The cooling factor is calculated using Fluid Flow Analysis. Through this very high-tech computerized analysis system particle traces are used to visualize and measure the motion of mass-less particles that are placed in a flow field. In our case we measure the velocity and temperature of the air as it goes through the helmet in order to rate each helmet accordingly to its capacity of keeping the head cool. The higher the Cooling Factor, the cooler the head.
Head Contact Surface (HCS):
- The Head Contact Surface indicates in percentage how much of the head is in contact with the helmet. It is easy to understand that where the head is in contact with the helmet there is no room for the air to circulate. The HCS provides a key information to rate a helmet ventilation. The lower the HCS, the better the ventilation.
Buy MET Terra Helmet from Chain Reaction Cycles, the Worlds Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all HelmetsNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords