NS Bikes Soda 1 Suspension Bike 2014 -
NS Bikes Soda 1 Suspension Bike 2014
If you want a do it all bike, but above all value manoeuvrability and a compact, playful feel, then the Soda should be your choice. With super short chain stays it just loves to be thrown around and you will immediately feel the difference compared to other “normal” bikes. Works best for big air, bike parks and DH, but still can climb anything. Big bearings, rigid tubes and burly CNC parts make it exceptionally durable. And because both travel and chain stay length are adjustable, it has huge tuning potential. The Soda 1 has coil spring suspension making it the best choice for riders who are mainly focused on gravity riding, however high end components keep the weight at bay, making this a true all-rounder. The frame has adjustable travel and chainstay length, so no matter what you want to do there will be a setting that is perfect for the application.
Updated for 2014, The frame has undergone major revisions resulting in weight savings plus optical and functional improvements. The Lyric fork with 170mm travel is more than enough for modern freeriding but has a significant influence on the weight and price of the bike. Upgrades include the Truvativ Descendant cranks and an all-new cockpit with the Quantum stem and Evidence+ handlebars. The complete bike is now almost 1000g lighter!
- 100% aftermarket frame with 152-177mm (6-7") adjustable rear wheel travel, Marzocchi Roco R coil shock with piggyback, dropouts with adjustable CS length
- Rock Shox Lyric Coil R, alloy tapered, 170mm travel
- NS bikes cockpit including: Quantum 31.8 stem, new top of the line Evidence Plus handlebar & Octane One bolt-on grips
- 1x10 speed setup with SRAM X7 10spd derailleur, 11-36t cassette
- Truvativ Descendant cranks with alloy single chainring + E13 chain guard
- NS Bikes sealed front & rear hubs
- Avid Elixir 5 front & rear hydraulic brakes
- Low profile NS Aerial pedals with removable pins (sealed bearings)
- Strong NS Fundamental rims
- Frame: Soda FR w/152-177mm (6-7") adjustable rear wheel travel, AL6061-T6 custom formed and butted tubes, internal cable guide routing option
- Shock: Marzocchi Roco R (coil w/Piggyback), 450 spring, 216x63mm (8.5x2.5")
- Fork: Rock Shox Lyric Coil R, 170mm travel, 20mm axle, alloy tapered steer tube
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS, ACB cartridge bearings
- Stem: New NS Bikes Quantum 31.8, 45mm reach
- Handlebar: NS Evidence Plus, 762mm
- Grips: Octane One bolt-on long
- Brakes: Avid Elixir 5 180mm rear, 200mm front
- Shifters: SRAM SX5 10spd
- Derailleur: SRAM X7 medium cage rear, 10spd
- Crank: Truvativ Descendant alloy 36t chainring, 170mm, with GXP 73mm BB
- Chainguide: E13 LG1
- Chain: KMC DX-10SC, 1/2''x11/128'' for 10 spd
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1030 10 speed 11-36
- Rims: NS Fundamental 32h
- Hubs: NS Rotary 20 (sealed bearings), Rotary Cassette 135x12 (sealed bearings)
- Spokes: Black spokes w/14mm nipples
- Tyres: Kenda Nevegal Stick-E 60tpi, 26x2.35
- Seatpost: Octane One 30.9
- Saddle: Octane One Rocket
- Pedals: NS Aerial (sealed bearings)
- Bike weight: ~15.6 kg (M size, including pedals)
Note on sizing: for jump-focused riders NS Bikes recommend the M size for riders up to 180cm, and the L size for riders up to 190cm. However if you wish to adjust the the seat height for optimum pedalling, they recommended the M size for riders up to 177cm and the L size for riders up to 185cm.
Buy NS Bikes Soda 1 Suspension Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords