NS Bikes Soda 2 Suspension Bike 2014 -
NS Bikes Soda 2 Suspension Bike 2014
If you want a do it all bike, but above all value manoeuvrability and a compact, playful feel, then the Soda should be your choice. With super short chain stays it just loves to be thrown around and you will immediately feel the difference compared to other “normal” bikes. Works best for big air, bike parks and DH, but still can climb anything. Big bearings, rigid tubes and burly CNC parts make it exceptionally durable. And because both travel and chain stay length are adjustable, it has huge tuning potential. The Soda 2 sits on coil springs and is built using a careful selection of components and offers amazing quality at a very competitive price. The frame has adjustable travel and chainstay length, so no matter what you want to do there will be a setting that is perfect for the application.
Updated for 2014, the frame of the Soda has undergone major revisions resulting in weight savings and some optical and functional improvements. The Soda 2 has proved to be very popular due to the combination of great price and wide range of applications. With the new improved frame we are confident that it will be a winner in 2014 too!
- 100% aftermarket frame with, 152-177mm (6-7") adjustable rear wheel travel, Marzocchi Coil R shock, dropouts with adjustable chainstay
- Rock Shox Domain R CL w/180 travel and 35mm dia. stanchions
- NS bikes cockpit including: quantum 31.8 stem, Terra handlebar & NS Sam Pilgrim signature grips w/o flange
- 1x8 speed setup with SRAM X5 derailleur 11-32t cassette
- E13 LG1 chain guide
- NS Bikes sealed front & rear hubs
- Avid Elixir1 front & rear hydraulic brakes
- Low profile NS Aerial pedals with removable pins
- Strong NS Fundamental rims
- Frame: Soda FR w/152-177mm (6-7") adjustable rear wheel travel, AL6061-T6 custom formed and butted tubes, internal cable guide routing option
- Shock: Marzocchi Coil R, 450 spring, 216x63mm (8.5x2.5")
- Fork: Rock Shox Domain R CL w/180 travel, 20mm axle, 1-1/8" steel steer tube
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5B ZS, loose ball
- Stem: New NS Bikes Quantum 31.8, 45mm reach
- Handlebar: NS Terra
- Grips: NS Sam Pilgrim signature grips w/o flange
- Brakes: Avid Elixir1 180mm rear, 200mm front
- Shifters: SRAM SX4 8spd
- Derailleur: SRAM X5 medium cage rear 8spd
- Crank: Truvativ Ruktion, steel 36t chainring, 170 mm, Howitzer 73 mm BB
- Chainguide: E13 LG1
- Chain: KMC Z-72, 1/2"x3/32"
- Cassette: Sram PG-820, 11-32
- Rims: NS Fundamental
- Hubs: NS Rotary 20 (sealed bearings), Rotary Cassette 135x12 (sealed bearings)
- Spokes: Black spokes w/14mm nipples
- Tyres: Kenda Kinetics 26x2.35
- Seatpost: Octane One 30.9
- Saddle: Octane One Rocker
- Pedals: NS Aerial (sealed bearings)
- Bike Weight: ~17.9 kg (M size, including pedals)
Note on sizing: For jump-focused riders NS recommend the M size for riders up to 180cm, and the L size for riders up to 190cm. However if you wish to adjust the the seat height for optimum pedalling, they recommended the M size for riders up to 177cm and the L size for riders up to 185cm. This will however require the use of a longer seatpost than the original one.
Buy NS Bikes Soda 2 Suspension Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikes
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords