NS Bikes Soda Frame Monarch Plus R 2014 -
NS Bikes Soda Frame Monarch Plus R 2014
NS Bikes hugely successful compact freeride frame now comes with a number of improvements and is approximately 150g lighter than the 2013 version. Both sizes have slightly longer seat tubes (13mm / 0.5” longer). One of the new features is a special light & stiff AL6066 T6 downtube. Additional improvements include a removable cable guide on the inner side of SS for more tyre clearance, lightweight and stiff main pivot area, improved derailleur hanger bolts and improved shock bolts.
Tough, versatile and fun are the key words here. Build the frame up with coil shocks and forks and you get a mini-dh / Freeride bike. Or choose air shocks and lightweight components and enjoy all-day hardcore Enduro. Either way, any bike built on this frame will cover a lot of ground. The key is the super sturdy design. Not the lightest on the planet but trust us - we've seen loads of guys swapping their weight-weenie framesets for the Soda, simply because it's already proved itself in the real world. It pedals great, descends smoothly and when you launch it, it flies like no other.
The frame has big bearings, is burly, overbuilt and has huge tuning potential so no matter what you want to do, there is a setting that will be perfect for the application. Adjustable chain stays (417mm - 433mm) in conjunction with adjustable travel (152mm - 177mm) allows for dramatic changes of the bike’s character. This bike is exceptionally nimble and manoeuvrable in short travel and short chain stay mode (note: chain stays are VERY short in this position, much shorter than most bikes on the market), and still stable at high speeds in long travel with long chain stays.
The frame is also very torsionally stiff - not only can it handle all rotational tricks but it also feels great in fast corners where you can often feel other frames flexing. NS use a custom tube set developed specially for this frame, to achieve the best performance, durability and aesthetics. You won't find any ugly external gussets on the Soda. They've blended in an array of beautifully cnc'd parts, each one optimised for weight and strength. You will find an internal headset and tapered headtube for low stack height and stiffness. The frame also has an option of external or internal cable routing. In the rear end you will find a 4-bar linkage that gives several advantages: - lateral stiffness of the rear end of the bike - minimised side loads on the shock, eliminating excessive shock wear and friction - an optimised shock rate curve. For a DH / Big Mountain setup we suggest the following settings: 180mm single crown or 200mm double crown fork, coil shock, long travel and long chain stay settings.
For trick orientated riding we suggest the following setup: 160-170mm fork, air shock, short chain stay and short travel setting. For highest pedalling efficiency we suggest the following setup: 160-170mm fork, air shock, long chain stay and short travel setting.
- Material: AL6061+AL6066 T6 custom formed and butted tubes,smooth ‘double pass’ welding in all critical areas, internal or external cable guide option
- Weight: (w/o shock): ~3.35kg / 7.4lbs
- Rear Wheel Travel: 152-177mm (6-7”) adjustable
- Rear Shock: Monarch Plus R - 216x63mm (8.5x2.5”), mounting hardware- front 22.2 x 8 mm, rear 32 x 8mm
- Head Tube: tapered 1.5 ZS (56mm ID/44mm ID), 115mm stack height,
- Forks: Fits forks with standard 1-1/8” or tapered 1.5 - 1-1/8” steer tubes, headset to fit both include with the frame
- Rear Hub: 135x10mm bolt type or 135x12mm with thru axle (NS custom 12MM thru axle included)
- Brake MIS-2000 disk brake mount
- BB: Standard MTB English 1.37x24tpi, 73mm wide, ISCG-05 mounts
- Rear Derailleur: removable hanger included
- Front Derailleur: not compatible
- Seat Post/Clamp: 30.9mm / 34.9mm
- Max Tyre: 26 x 2.6”
Geometry (With 170mm Travel / 555mm Fork):
- Top Tube Effective: M: 567mm (22.3") L: 587mm (23.1")
- Reach: M: 399mm L:419mm
- Stack: M: 584mm L: 584mm
- Head Tube Angle: 66
- Seat Tube Angle (Adjusted): 74
- Seat Tube: M: 406mm (16"), L: 444mm (17.5")
- Bottom Bracket Height: +9mm
- CS With 6" Short Travel: Short CS / Long CS Adjustable 417-433mm (16.4"-17")
- CS With 7" Long Travel: Short CS / Long CS Adjustable 417-433mm (16.4"-17")
- Wheelbase M: 1125mm (Short CS) 1141mm (Long CS), L: 1146mm (Short CS) 1162mm (Long CS)
Note on sizing: For jump-focused riders NS recommend the M size for riders up to 180cm, and the L size for riders up to 190cm. However if you wish to adjust the the seat height for optimum pedalling, they recommended the M size for riders up to 177cm and the L size for riders up to 185cm.
Buy NS Bikes Soda Frame Monarch Plus R 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Bike framesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords