NS Bikes Soda Slope Frame Monarch R 2014 -
NS Bikes Soda Slope Frame Monarch R 2014
The Soda Slope is a radical bike for big moves that takes over where dirt jumping hardtails are not enough. It's most important feature is that it enables true single speed setups with no chain tensioners or standard derailleur / single front ring setups. It is exceptionally nimble and manoeuvrable with one of the shortest chain stays we have ever seen on production full suspension bikes. The Soda Slope was designed to feel just like a Majesty dirt-jump frame but with a safety valve in the rear end for big hits and high speed runs. They also tested the Slope in a more traditional DH environment, and found that with a longer fork (around 160mm) it can actually ride surprisingly well. Even though the travel is short, the quality of the ride was great. The frame is really very stiff torsionally - they've been throwing 180's and 360's for days on end and experienced absolutely no problems. The suspension didn't hamper the test riders who could pull off just about every street trick imaginable on a hardtail.
In the rear end you will find a 4-bar linkage that gives several advantages: - lateral stiffness of the rear end of the bike - minimised side loads on the shock, eliminating excessive shock wear and friction - an optimised shock rate curve.
Designed to run with air shocks and very little or even no sag for street / dirt, or with standard sag settings (around 25-30%) for a more conventional feel.
- Material: AL6061+AL6066 T6 custom formed and butted tubes smooth ‘double pass’ welding in critical areas
- Rear Shock: Monarch R, 190x50mm (7.5 x 2.0”): Mounting hardware: front & rear 22.2 x 8 mm
- Head Tube: tapered 1.5 ZS (56mm ID/44mm ID), 115mm stack height
- Forks: Fits forks with standard 1-1/8” or tapered 1.5 - 1-1/8” steer tubes, headset to fit both included with the frame
- Rear Hub: 135x10mm, suggested bolt-on hubs, IS-2000 disk brake mount
- BB: Standard MTB English 1.37x24tpi, 73mm wide, ISCG-05 mounts, pivot around BB allowing true single speed setups
- Rear Derailleur: optional hanger included
- Front Derailleur: not compatible
- Seat Post/Clamp: 30.9mm / 34.9mm
- Rear Wheel Travel: 107mm (4.2”)
- Max Tyre: 26 x 2.4”
- Weight (w/o shock): 3.05kg
Geometry with 525mm axle to crown forks (~140mm travel):
- Top Tube Actual: 540mm (21.25”), Effective: 553mm (21.8”)
- Reach: 410mm
- Stack: 565mm
- Head Tube Angle: 68
- Seat Tube Angle: 73*
- Seat Tube: 348mm (13.7”)
- Bottom Bracket Height: +11mm (+0.4”)
- Chain Stay Min 390mm (15.3") - 407mm (16")
- Wheelbase (Min): 1075mm (42.3")
* the actual seat tube angle is around 1.0 slacker than quoted due to specific seat tube shape and it’s offset position; the numbers quoted show the equivalent for a traditional frame.
Buy NS Bikes Soda Slope Frame Monarch R 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Bike framesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords