Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp Bike 2014 -
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp Bike
Mega AM 275 Comp - Step up to the plate
The Mega AM 275 comp marries the evolution of our 160mm Enduro/AM frame now with 27.5”/650B specific geometry, and a tough and reliable parts list for riders ready to take on the challenge of Enduro-style competition.
Designed for All-Mountain adventure, Alpine playtime and Megavalanche-style Gravity Enduro events, the Nukeproof Mega AM 275 has been refined and improved with rear travel increased to 160mm and an all-new custom hydroformed tubeset for increased front-end stiffness and improved strength-to-weight ratio.
The Mega AM 275 Comp features a RockShox Monarch Plus R air shock plus the new 160mm RockShox Pike RC forks up front, SRAM transmission, Avid Elixir 3 brakes and quality Nukeproof finishing kit.
Custom hydroformed frame with Erosion Linkage suspensionThe Mega AM 275 Comp frameset is engineered from custom hydroformed double-welded T6 6061 aluminium, with our Nukeproof ‘Erosion’ linkage giving a smooth progressive suspension action with a well controlled mid-
stroke to avoid wallowing under pedal loads.
Oversize main pivot bearings are contained in a bespoke CNC-machined Bottom Bracket assembly to ensure alignment, durability and precision, while an asymmetric chainstay design gives clearance for a front derailleur and compatibility with all leading models of ISCG 05 - mounted chain retention systems.
Geometry is based around a slack 66deg head angle and steep 73.5deg seat angle, with a long wheelbase keeping the centre of gravity low for optimum stability at speed.
Durable and light weight components package
The 2013 Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp features the lightweight RockShox Monarch Plus R air shock with piggyback reservoir and Dual Flow rebound adjust. Up front, RockShox Pike RC Solo Air forks provide 160mm of plush, air-sprung travel in a lightweight package that also features a new 15mm Maxle Lite thru-axle for precision tracking, flex-free braking and optimum front-end stiffness.
Transmission duties come courtesy of SRAM - a 2x10 X7 T2-based groupset putting the focus on firmly on pedalling ability and making the Nukeproof Mega AM Comp a true all-rounder that’s as likely to see action on your local technical trails as it is on that once-a-year Alpine excursion. Brakes are also from the SRAM family, with the proven Avid Elixir 3 stoppers providing proven anchoring ability in all conditions.
Nukeproof Finishing Kit
Finishing kit on the Nukeproof Mega AM pro comes courtesy of our own tried and tested Warhead series of components. Our Nukeproof Generator AM wheelset is a slimmed-down version of our classic DH hoops, reducing rotational weight without compromising long-term durability or the ability to take big hits on the chin. Matched with peerless Maxxis High Roller 2.3” rubber, it’s a wheelset that can be pushed to the limit on the downs, without being a drag on the ups.
Our Warhead headset, stem and 760mm riser bars combined with Element lock-on grips make a fuss-free cockpit setup for the most aggressive of gravity pilots, while our Nukeproof Trail Mega saddle is a comfortable perch for short-blast racing or the longest of big-country days.
The Nukeproof Mega AM Comp - your big-hit all-rounder for every day and all day.
- All Mountain/Enduro race frame
- Custom hydroformed T6 6061 Aluminium tubeset
- 160mm travel
- True 44mm headtube
- Removable cable guides for dropper post, also internal cable routing for RockShox Reverb Stealth post
- ISCG 05
- Head angle: 66 degrees
- Seat angle: 73.5 degrees
- Shock length: 216mm x 63mm
- Seatpost : 31.6mm
- Rear axle: 135mm/142mm x 12mm (142mm as standard)
- Chainstay length: 445mm
- BB shell: 73mm
- BB height: -3mm
- Direct mount front derailleur
- Frame: Custom hydroformed double-welded T6 6061 aluminium; Erosion Linkage suspension design with 160mm travel
- Rear shock: RockShox Monarch Plus R
- Forks: RockShox Pike RC Solo Air; 160mm travel; 15mm Maxle Lite thru-axle
- Headset: Nukeproof 44IETS
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead 760 Riser; 760mm wide, 25mm rise
- Stem: Nukeproof Warhead
- Grips: Nukeproof Element lock-on
- Chainset: SRAM S1000 2x10 GXP; 170mm, 36t x 22t
- Chain: SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1030, 11/36, 10-speed
- Shifters: SRAM X7
- Rear derailleur: SRAM X7 Type 2
- Front derailleur: SRAM X5
- Brakes: Avid Elixir 3 hydraulic disc; 180mm front & rear
- Saddle: Nukeproof Trail Mega
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Warhead In-Line
- Tyres: Maxxis High Roller, 27.5”x2.3”, MaxxPro 60a
- Hubs: Nukeproof Generator Disc; 110mm x 15mm front, 142mm x 12mm rear
- Rims: Nukeproof Generator AM
- Weight: TBC
Buy Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp Bike from Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online bike store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords