Nukeproof Mega TR 275 Comp Bike 2014 -
Nukeproof Mega TR 275 Comp Bike
Mega TR 275 Comp - All day adventures, for everyone
The new Mega TR 275 Comp offers the same sure footed handling and confidence-inspiring ride of the Mega AM in a lighter, shorter-travel package that’s ready for the ups as well as the downs.
Designed for trail centre fun, all-day mountain adventure racing and rollercoaster singletrack thrills, the Mega TR 275 offers 130mm of rear bounce making it the perfect option for ‘one-bike’ riders who like to tackle the gnar but want a rig they can pedal all day.
Featuring a lighter custom-hydroformed tubeset than the AM to shave off some weight; the Mega TR 275 features lightweight RockShox air suspension front and rear, full SRAM transmission, Avid braking and quality Nukeproof finishing kit.
Custom hydroformed frame with Erosion Linkage suspension
The Mega TR 275 frameset is engineered from custom hydroformed double-welded T6 6061 aluminium, with 130mm of rear travel via our Nukeproof progressive ‘Erosion’ linkage suspension action.
Oversize main bearing pivots are contained in a bespoke CNC-machined Bottom Bracket assembly to ensure alignment, durability and precision, while the chainstay design gives clearance for a front derailleur and compatibility with all leading models of ISCG - mounted chain retention systems.
Geometry is based around an aggressive 67deg head angle and steep 73.5 deg seat angle, with a long wheelbase keeping the centre of gravity low for optimum stability at speed.
Trail bike build
We’ve gone for an aggressive trail bike build with the Nukeproof Mega TR 275 but it’s our definition of trail bike - reduced weight where possible while still up for the rough and tumble and eager to be let off the leash.
That means lightweight and adjustable air suspension - a Rockshox Monarch R shock out back and RockShox Revelation RLT Solo Air forks - but it also means big-hit burl where it counts. Those forks offer a full 150mm of rock-munching travel, with a 15mm Maxle Lite thru-axle for optimum front-end stiffness and pinpoint tracking through the rough, as well as giving the Mega TR 275 a SRAM S1000 double crankset to make the ups as easy as the downs are fun.
The rest of the transmission comes courtesy of a new SRAM X7 T2 derailleur and X5 shifters, with Avid Elixir 3 hydraulic brakes taking care of the stopping side of things.
We’ve built the Mega TR 275 Comp with a focus on downhill capability with enduro racing pedigree - because that’s the kind of riders we are - but it’s versatile enough for you to switch things up when the occasion demands.
Nukeproof Finishing Kit
Finishing kit on the Nukeproof Mega TR 275 Comp comes courtesy of our own tried and tested Warhead series of components. Our Nukeproof Generator TR wheelset sheds yet more weight from our classic DH hoops but retains the durability for the gnarl, while Maxxis High Roller 2.3” tyres are a no-brainer for a push-hard trail bike.
Our Warhead headset, stem and 760mm riser bars combined with Element lock-on grips make a fuss-free cockpit setup, while our Nukeproof Trail Mega saddle is a comfortable perch for short-blast racing or the longest of big-country days.
The Nukeproof Mega TR 275 - All the fun of the trail, made easy.
- Trail/Enduro frame
- Custom hydroformed T6 6061 Aluminium tubeset
- 130mm travel
- Aggressive Trail/Enduro Geometry
- True 44mm headtube
- Removable cable guides for dropper post, also internal cable routing for RockShox Reverb Stealth post
- ISCG 05
- Head angle: 67 degrees
- Seat angle: 73.5 degrees
- Shock length: 190mm x 51mm
- Seatpost : 31.6mm
- Rear axle: 135mm/142mm x 12mm
- Chainstay length: 440mm
- BB shell: 73mm
- BB height: -13mm
- Direct mount front derailleur
- Frame: Custom hydroformed double-welded T6 6061 aluminium; Erosion Linkage suspension design with 130mm travel
- Rear shock: RockShox Monarch R
- Forks: RockShox Revelation RLT Solo Air; 150mm travel; 15mm Maxle Lite thru-axle
- Headset: Nukeproof 44IETS
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead 760 Riser; 760mm wide, 25mm rise
- Stem: Nukeproof Warhead
- Grips: Nukeproof Element lock-on
- Chainset: SRAM S1000 2x10 GXP; 170mm, 36t x 22t
- Chain: SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1030, 11/36, 10-speed
- Shifters: SRAM X5
- Rear derailleur: SRAM X7 Type 2
- Front Derailleur: SRAM X5
- Brakes: Avid Elixir 3 hydraulic disc; 180mm front & rear
- Saddle: Nukeproof Trail Mega
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Warhead In-Line
- Tyres: Maxxis High Roller, 27.5”x2.3”, MaxxPro 60a
- Hubs: Nukeproof Generator Disc; 100mm x 15mm front, 142mm x 12mm rear
- Rims: Nukeproof Generator TR
- Weight: TBC
Buy Nukeproof Mega TR 275 Comp Bike from Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online bike store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikes
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords