Nukeproof Pulse DH Comp Bike 2014 -
Nukeproof Pulse DH Comp Bike
Nukeproof Pulse Comp - The heart beats downhill
The Nukeproof Pulse Comp features a tough and reliable component spec that’s well within the reach of weekend warriors or the privateer racer.
The evolution of the hugely successful Nukeproof Scalp, the Pulse DH frame is the product of two seasons of development input from the riders and mechanics of Team CRC/Nukeproof.
Featuring an all-new custom hydroformed tubeset; refined suspension system and our new Style Fit adjustable chainstay, the Pulse Comp package features proven RockShox suspension front and rear for performance and tunability, plus a reliable SRAM X7-based transmission, Avid Elixir 5 brakes and quality Nukeproof finishing kit.
Custom hydroformed frame with improved Fallout Linkage suspension
At the heart of the Nukeproof Pulse Comp is our refined and updated frame, now featuring a custom hydroformed tubeset engineered from double-welded T6 6061 aluminium.The frame offers 210mm of rear travel via our proven three-stage Fallout Linkage, which has been refined to
increase stiffness for a more stable bike and a smoother suspension feel throughout the stroke of the shock
Our new Style Fit adjustable chainstay features interchangeable dropout inserts allowing you to alter the wheelbase by 10mm depending on the type of track you’re riding, your height or riding style. The long (445mm) setting offers increased stability over fast, flowing terrain while the short (435mm) setting gives the option of improved control on steep, technical tracks.
A slack 63-degree head angle and centrally-positioned shock and linkage system ensure optimum race handling while other features include a true 1.5” head tube, ISCG 05 mounts and a 150mm x 12mm rear axle to keep things stable at the rear.
Tough and reliable components package
We’ve specced the Nukeproof Pulse Comp with components that offer the optimum balance of reliable performance, durability and value.
Rear suspension duties are taken care of by the RockShox Vivid R2C coil shock with fully adjustable beginning- and end-stroke rebound as well as low-speed compression, while RockShox BoXXer RC coil forks up front deliver 200mm of smooth, tunable travel with 20mm Maxle Lite thru-axle for optimum front-end stiffness and precision tracking.
The Nukeproof Pulse Comp features dependable SRAM X7 transmission and Gravity Gap DH chainset, while a Prime Aero chainguide offers security and protection over the gnarliest of terrain. Avid Elixir hydraulic disc brakes with 200mm rotors front and rear deliver consistent, fade-free braking in all conditions.
Nukeproof Finishing Kit
Finishing kit on the Nukeproof Pulse Comp comes courtesy of our own tried and tested Warhead series of components. Our Nukeproof Generator wheelset offers race-light speed and bombproof durability for the fastest of courses and the hardest of hits, with Maxxis High Roller II tyres delivering confidence-inspiring grip and tenacity in all conditions. Our Warhead headset, 760mm riser bars, Direct Mount stem and Element lock-on grips combine for a no-nonsense cockpit delivering confidence and control from first turn to finish line, while the package is rounded out with our Warhead seatpost and Nukeproof Race Pulse edition saddle.
The Nukeproof Pulse Comp. For weekend warriors with World Cup dreams.
- T6 6061 aluminium frame construction
- Custom triple-butted hydroformed tubing
- Adjustable chainstay length
- Three-stage Fallout Linkage suspension
- Enclosed 1-piece linkage
- 1.5” head tube
- ISCG 05 mounts
- 210mm travel
- 150mm x 12mm rear axle
- BB shell: 83mm
- Seatpost 30.9mm
- Shock length 240mm x 76mm
- Shock hardware: 22.2mm x 8mm
- Frame: Custom hydroformed double-welded T6 6061 aluminium; three-stage Fallout Linkage suspension design with 210mm travel
- Rear shock: RockShox Vivid R2C
- Forks: RockShox Boxxer RC; 200mm travel; 20mm Maxle Lite thru-axle
- Headset: Nukeproof 49IISS
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead 760 Riser; 760mm wide, 25mm rise
- Stem: Nukeproof Direct Mount; 45mm, 30-degree rise
- Grips: Nukeproof Element lock-on
- Chainset: Gravity GAP DH Mega Exo; 165mm, 36t inc Polycarbonate bash ring
- Chainguide: Prime Aero 32-38
- Chain: SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1030, 11/26, 10-speed
- Shifter: SRAM X7
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X7
- Brakes: Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc; 200mm front & rear
- Saddle: Nukeproof Race Pulse
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Warhead In-Line
- Tyres: Maxxis High Roller II DH, 26”x2.4” ST/42a
- Hubs: Nukeproof Generator Disc; 110mm x 20mm front, 150mm x 12mm rear
- Rims: Nukeproof Generator DH
- Weight: TBC (Medium)
Buy Nukeproof Pulse DH Comp Bike from Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online bike store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords