Home > Tyres > 26 inch tyres
Schwalbe Magic Mary Performance MTB Tyre -
Schwalbe Magic Mary Performance MTB Tyre
Even in its prototype stage, it collected World Cup and World Championship wins. The new Super Gravity technology makes it lighter, yet it is still extremely sidewall-stable and snake-bite resistant. At the same time, the flexible tread offers much better handling characteristics. The new profile is even more versatile and feels at home on any kind of Downhill trail.
- Construction type: folding tire / wired tire tubeless ready
- Material: VertStar-Triple-Compound / TrailStar-Triple-Compound
- Color: black
- approx. 795 gram (SnakeSkin, folding tire)
- approx. 1045g ( SuperGravity, folding tire)
- approx. 1190g (Downhill, wired tire))
- Dimension: 60-559 (26 x 2.35)
- Tire pressure: 1,6 - 3,5 bar
- Carcass density (TPI): 67 EPI (folding tire) 2 x 67 EPI (wired tire)
- Purpose: Downhill, Freeride
- One of our most effective inventions for Mountainbikes. SnakeSkin fabric adds only ca. 40-50 g per tire. This makes it the most practical protection against sharp rocks that can easily cut the side wall of light racing tires. SnakeSkin - in rocky terrain it is a great call!
- VertStar-Triple-Compound - for Downhill and Freeride. It is a further development of the Gooey Gluey compound, but now even softer with extremely good damping properties.
- TrailStar-Triple-Compound is optimized for Enduro and Freeride. Triple Nano compound was unsuitable performance-wise and the rolling resistance of Gooey Gluey was too high. TrailStar has substantially more grip, better damping and handling control. Nevertheless, the compound is not overly heavy, making it suitable for climbing too.
- SUPER GRAVITY:
- Super Gravity has a new carcass construction at its core. The principle is a familiar one in motorbike tires. We have taken the best features and developed them further for the MTB. For SUPER GRAVITY the sidewalls are made up of four layers of carcass material, but there are only two layers underneath the cap*.
- The next trick: The whole tire (not just the sidewalls) is encased in SnakeSkin fabric. Weight is negligible and it helps a lot. In fact, it stabilizes and protects while remaining extremely flexible. At the same time it is ideal for Tubeless Ready application.
- So Super Gravity means: The tire walls are more robust. The cap is more flexible. The tire is lighter. Or in a single sentence: Downhill ruggedness at Enduro weight.
- Super Gravity weighed up: When combined with Tubeless Ready riders save an impressive 700 grams in weight in comparison with a conventional downhill tire. Not just somewhere on the frame, but on the rotating mass!
*The classic downhill tire construction has six layers under the cap. This adds unnecessary weight and unfortunately also makes the cap rigid and hard.
Buy Schwalbe Magic Mary Performance MTB Tyre from Chain Reaction Cycles, the Worlds Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all TyresNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords