Home > Wheels > 26 inch wheels
Shimano XTR M985 Race MTB Disc Wheelset -
Shimano XTR Race Wheels Pair M985
If you expect every bit as much out of your equipment as you invest in your training, then you’re in the right place. The new XTR Race group doesn’t just ask to be pushed at race pace, it demands it.
Shimano’s first-ever off-road double-ring crank rewards those who ride with a sense of urgency. XTR Race’s sub-1,500-gram tubeless wheels spin quickly up to speed while stronger, leaner pedals offer greater efficiency and more control than ever.
And forget the notion that a cross-country race brake needs to mean skittish, on-the-edge-of-control performance, because the new XTR Race brake supplies surgically apportioned stopping power while still shedding 40 grams over its predecessor.
Want to race on a triple or boost your brake power even further? Don’t be afraid to personally tune your ride with components from the XTR Trail catalogue of cross-compatible options
- The ultimate in reliable XC race disc wheels from the ultimate Shimano MTB groupset, XTR wheels are engineered to perform in the most demanding conditions
- These XC racing wheels are lightweight with a Scandium 19C (23.3mm width) tubeless compatible rims and butted spokes
- 24 butted (2.0/1.5/2.0) stainless steel spokes
- Designed for quick release forks with 100 mm O.L.D.
- Easy to use Centre-Lock Disc rotor mount
- Double contact seals with internal grease sleeve to keep the elements out and the grease in
- The hub uses angular contact bearings designed to cradle the balls giving both radial and lateral support for superior strength and durability; they also offer precision bearing adjustment and easy maintenance
- Titanium freehub body with quick pawl engagement (10 degrees) provides instant power transfer
- Weight is kept down by using a hybrid one piece aluminium axle / cone
- For use with 8, 9 and 10-speed cassette sprockets
- Wide bearing placement gives excellent lateral rigidity further improving strength and durability
- Forged then anodized alloy hub shell for maximum strength and long lasting good looks
- Lightweight, strong and rigid hybrid alloy axle with integrated cone
- Ball bearing races are ground with Cubic Boron Nitride tool for high precision, durability and smooth rolling
- Stainless steel bearings
- Average weight: 674 grams Front, 889g rear
Buy Shimano XTR Race Wheels Pair M985 at Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online cycling store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all WheelsNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords