Vitus Bikes Nucleus 260 Hardtail Bike 2014 -
Vitus Bikes Nucleus 260 Hardtail Bike 2014
Ready to step up to the challenge of off road riding? Meet the Nucleus range of trail centre inspired hardtails; the perfect introduction to proper mountain biking with lightweight aluminium frame and exceptional components package! The Nucleus 260 with 26” wheels features Suntour XCM suspension forks, Shimano Acera/Altus shifters and derailleurs with Tektro mechanical disc brakes at an unbelievable price, the Nucleus 260 presents great value for money!
Lightweight Mechanical Formed 6061-T6 Aluminium Frame & Suntour XCM Fork
A lightweight 6061-T6 aluminium frame provides a bombproof chassis for trail centre assaults with great upgrade potential for fitting a chainguide thanks to the ISCG tabs. Our aggressive trail geometry has been designed around 26” wheels and a 120mm travel fork; a short headtube and low bottom bracket keep the centre of gravity low to provide improved handling and inspire confidence. Suntour XCM forks feature hydraulic Lock-Out & Preload adjustment with 120mm of coil sprung travel.
Shimano Acera/Altus & Suntour Groupset
A full complement of gears are catered for by Shimano Acera and Altus shifters and derailleurs with a Suntour XCT triple chainset providing the driving force at the heart of the transmission. Disc brake technology is now available to first time mountain bikers on our entry level Nucleus 260, Tektro Novela mechanical disc brakes offer excellent stopping power in any weather conditions ensuring you stay in control no matter what the trail throws in your way!
Vitus Wheelset & Finishing Kit
Vitus provides the wheels and finishing kit for the Nucleus range of bikes. The Nucleus 260 features SRAM MTH-306 disc hubs on Vitus double wall alloy disc rims. WTB Bronson tyres are a trail centre favourite and provide low rolling resistance and predictable handling. Finishing kit is supplied by Vitus with our lightweight 6061 alloy stem, bars and seatpost providing high performance components which have been colour coded to match the frame decals.
- Frame: Mechanical Formed 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Frame Certification: CE EN14766
- Forks: Suntour XCM LO, Coil Spring With Preload Adjustment And Lock Out Mode, 120mm Travel
- Headset: Orbit 1.5B Zero Stack (No.57B-1), 1.1/8” - 1.5”
- Handlebars: Vitus Riser Bar, 6061 Double Butted Alloy, 740mm Wide, 15mm Rise
- Stem: Vitus Alloy, +/- 7 Degree Rise, 60mm Extension
- Grips: Vitus Lock-On
- Chainset: Suntour XCT-T312, 175mm, 42t x 32t x 22t
- Bottom Bracket: Square Taper (BSA)
- Chainguide: N/A
- Chain: KMC Z72, 8-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano, 11t-32t, 8-Speed
- Shifters: Shimano Acera SL-M310
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus RD-M280
- Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-M190
- Brakes: Tektro Novela Mechanical Disc, 160mm Rotors
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Vitus Alloy, 6061-T6, 15mm Offset, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Tyres: WTB Bronson Comp, 26” x 2.1”
- Hubs: SRAM MTH-306 Disc, QR
- Rims: Vitus Disc, Double Wall Alloy, Single Eyelets
- Weight: 13.8kg/30.5lbs (Medium)
Buy Vitus Bikes Nucleus 260 Hardtail Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords