Vitus Bikes Nucleus 275 Hardtail Bike 2014 -
Vitus Bikes Nucleus 275 Hardtail Bike 2014
Ready to step up to the challenge of off road riding? Meet the Nucleus range of trail centre inspired hardtails; the perfect introduction to proper mountain biking with lightweight aluminium frame and exceptional components package! The Nucleus 275 brings the new 27.5” (650b) wheel size to the masses with improved performance at entry level price! Additional features include Suntour XCR suspension forks, Shimano Alivio shifters and derailleurs with Tektro hydraulic disc brakes and all for for less than 600! The Nucleus 275; performance and style in a great value package!
Lightweight Mechanical Formed 6061-T6 Aluminium Frame & Suntour XCR Fork
A lightweight 6061-T6 aluminium frame provides a bombproof chassis for trail centre assaults with great upgrade potential for fitting a chainguide thanks to the ISCG tabs. Our aggressive trail geometry has been designed around 27.5” (650b) wheels and a 120mm travel fork; a short headtube and low bottom bracket keep the centre of gravity low to provide improved handling whilst the larger wheel size offers improved performance and handling. Suntour XCR Air forks feature hydraulic Lock-Out & Rebound adjustment with 120mm of air sprung travel. A tapered alloy steerer and 32mm stanchions provide a stiff front end for precise steering and predictable handling.
Shimano Alivio & Suntour Groupset
Shimano Alivio shifters and derailleurs provide slick performance at entry level pricing; the Suntour XCM triple chainset will provide a wide range of gears that will cope with any ascent the trails can throw at you. If fast paced singletrack assaults are your thing you need to have confidence in your brakes and on this front the Tektro HDC330 hydraulic disc brakes won’t disappoint!
Vitus Wheelset & Finishing Kit
Vitus provides the wheels and finishing kit for the Nucleus range of bikes. The Nucleus 275 features SRAM MTH-306 disc hubs on Vitus double wall alloy disc rims. Continental X-King tyres provide surefooted handling and low rolling resistance. Finishing kit is supplied by Vitus with our lightweight 6061 alloy stem, bars and seatpost providing high performance components which have been colour coded to match the frame decals.
- Frame: Mechanical Formed 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Frame Certification: CE EN14766
- Forks: Suntour XCR Air LO-R-27.5, Tapered Alloy Steerer, 120mm Travel
- Headset: Orbit 1.5B Zero Stack (No.57B), 1.1/8” - 1.5”
- Handlebars: Vitus Riser Bar, 6061 Double Butted Alloy, 740mm Wide, 15mm Rise
- Stem: Vitus Alloy, +/- 7 Degree Rise, 60mm Extension
- Grips: Vitus Lock-On
- Chainset: Suntour XCM-T414, 175mm, 44t x 32t x 22t
- Bottom Bracket: Square Taper (BSA)
- Chainguide: N/A
- Chain: Shimano, 9-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano, 11t-32t, 9-Speed
- Shifters: Shimano Alivio SL-M430
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Alivio RD-M430
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio FD-M430
- Brakes: Tektro HDC330 Hydraulic Disc, 165mm Rotors
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Vitus Alloy, 6061-T6, 15mm Offset, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Tyres: Continental X-King, 27.5” x 2.2”
- Hubs: SRAM MTH-306 Disc QR
- Rims: Vitus Disc, Double Wall Alloy, Single Eyelets
- Weight: 13.6kg/30lbs (Medium)
Buy Vitus Bikes Nucleus 275 Hardtail Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords