Vitus Bikes Nucleus 290 Hardtail Bike 2014 -
Vitus Bikes Nucleus 290 Hardtail Bike 2014
Ready to step up to the challenge of off road riding? Meet the Nucleus range of trail centre inspired hardtails; the perfect introduction to proper mountain biking with lightweight aluminium frame and exceptional components package! The Nucleus 290 with 29” wheels features Suntour XCR suspension forks, Shimano Acera/Altus shifters and derailleurs with Tektro hydraulic disc brakes for less than 500, the Nucleus 290 offers more bang for your buck!
Lightweight Mechanical Formed 6061-T6 Aluminium Frame & Suntour XCR Fork
A lightweight 6061-T6 aluminium frame provides a bombproof chassis for trail centre assaults with great upgrade potential for fitting a chainguide thanks to the ISCG tabs. Our aggressive trail geometry has been designed around 29” wheels and a 100mm travel fork; a short headtube and low bottom bracket keep the centre of gravity low to provide improved handling whilst the larger wheel size will roll over roots and rocks with ease. Suntour XCR forks feature hydraulic Lock-Out & Rebound adjustment with 100mm of coil sprung travel. A tapered alloy steerer and 32mm stanchions provide a stiff front end for precise steering and predictable handling.
Shimano Acera/Altus & Suntour Groupset
Shimano Acera shifters and rear derailleur are paired up with an Altus front derailleur and Suntour XCM triple chainset to provide a wide range of gears that will cope with any ascent the trails can throw at you. When you are tanking along the trails and singletrack you need to have confidence in your brakes and on this front the Tektro HDC330 hydraulic disc brakes won’t disappoint!
Vitus Wheelset & Finishing Kit
Vitus provides the wheels and finishing kit for the Nucleus range of bikes. The Nucleus 290 features SRAM MTH-306 disc hubs on Vitus double wall alloy disc rims. WTB Bronson tyres are a trail centre favourite and provide low rolling resistance and predictable handling. Finishing kit is supplied by Vitus with our lightweight 6061 alloy stem, bars and seatpost providing high performance components which have been colour coded to match the frame decals.
- Frame: Mechanical Formed 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Frame Certification: CE EN14766
- Forks: Suntour XCR 32 LO-R-Coil 29, Tapered Alloy Steerer, 100mm Travel
- Headset: Orbit 1.5B Zero Stack (No.57B), 1.1/8” - 1.5”
- Handlebars: Vitus Flat Bar, 6061 Double Butted Alloy, 740mm Wide
- Stem: Vitus Alloy, +/- 7 Degree Rise, 60mm Extension
- Grips: Vitus Lock-On
- Chainset: Suntour XCM-T414, 175mm, 44t x 32t x 22t
- Bottom Bracket: Square Taper (BSA)
- Chainguide: N/A
- Chain: KMC Z99, 9-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano, 11t-32t, 9-Speed
- Shifters: Shimano Acera SL-M390
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera RD-M390
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Altus FD-M3716
- Brakes: Tektro HDC330 Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotors
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Vitus Alloy, 6061-T6, 15mm Offset, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Tyres: WTB Bronson Comp, 29” x 2.2”
- Hubs: SRAM MTH-306 Disc QR
- Rims: Vitus Disc, Double Wall Alloy, Single Eyelets
- Weight: 13.9kg (Medium)
Buy Vitus Bikes Nucleus 290 Hardtail Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords