Vitus Bikes Rapide 275 Hardtail Bike 2014 -
Vitus Bikes Rapide 275 Hardtail Bike 2014
A dedicated and thoroughbred race proven platform, our all New Rapide 275 introduces high level performance for XC and marathon racing with a completely redesigned Ultra-Light T700 HM-UD carbon frame with refined geometry and impeccable handling characteristics optimised for 27.5” (650b) wheels!
Ultra-Light HM-UD 27.5” Full Carbon Frame & RockShox Reba RL Fork
A short headtube and chainstays combined with a low bottom bracket create a low centre of gravity for improved handling and stability on fast sections of trail. The larger wheel size rolls over obstacles and rocks with greater efficiency allowing you to carry more speed for less effort helping to reduce rider fatigue and improve performance. Power transfer and rigidity have been optimised with the integration of a DT-Swiss X-12 12mm through rear axle whilst the oversized PF30 bottom bracket increases lateral stiffness for better acceleration by transmitting every shred of pedalling energy through the drivetrain to the rear wheel. RockShox Reba RL Solo Air forks feature Motion Control damping, Rebound and Low Speed Compression to Lock adjustment. A tapered alloy steerer and 15mm Maxle Lite through axle maximises front end stiffness for improved tracking through rough sections of trail and complements rear end stiffness to provide precise steering and confidence inspiring handling.
Shimano XT & FSA Groupset
Gear selection is taken care of via Shimano XT shifters and derailleurs with the XT Shadow Plus clutch rear derailleur improving chain tension thus reducing the chance of chain derailment. An FSA Afterburner 2x10 chainset provides the driving force at the heart of the transmission. Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors front and rear provide powerful and dependable stopping power with great modulation and lever feel.
Easton EA70 XL Wheelset & Vitus Finishing Kit
A lightweight Easton EA70 XL wheelset will comfortably cope with any XC and marathon race situation offering snappy acceleration with every stroke of the pedals. Continental X-King tyres provide predictable handling and low rolling resistance which translates into more speed for less effort! Finishing kit is supplied by Vitus with our lightweight 6061 alloy stem, bars and seatpost providing high performance components which have been colour coded to match the frame decals.
- Frame: T700 High-modulus HM-UD Carbon With DT Swiss RWS X-12 Rear
- Frame Certification: CE EN14766
- Forks: RockShox Reba RL 27.5 Solo Air, Tapered Alloy Steerer, 100mm Travel, 15mm Maxle Lite
- Headset: Orbit C-42/48 (No.42/48/ACB), 1.1/8” - 1.5”
- Handlebars: Vitus Flat Bar, 6061 Double Butted Alloy, 720mm Wide
- Stem: Vitus, 3D Forged 6061-T6 Aluminium, +/-7 Degree Rise
- Grips: Vitus Lock-On
- Chainset: FSA Afterburner BB30, 175mm, 38t x 24t
- Bottom Bracket: FSA Press Fit 30 (PF30)
- Chainguide: N/A
- Chain: KMC X10, 10-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano, 11t-34t, 10-Speed
- Shifters: Shimano XT SL-M780 Rapid Fire Plus
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT RD-M786 Shadow Plus
- Front Derailleur: Shimano XT FD-M786, 34.9mm Band
- Brakes: Shimano SLX BR-M675 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotors
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Vitus Alloy, 6061-T6, 15mm Offset, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Tyres: Continental X-King, 27.5”x2.2”
- Hubs: Easton EA70 XL Disc - 6 Bolt, 100mm x 15mm Front/142mm x 12mm Rear
- Rims: Easton EA70 XL 27.5”
- Weight: 11.1kg/24.5lbs (Medium)
Buy Vitus Bikes Rapide 275 Hardtail Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords