Vitus Bikes Sentier 290 Hardtail Bike 2014 -
Vitus Bikes Sentier 290 Hardtail Bike 2014
From backwoods singletrack to trail centre assaults, the Sentier range of aggressive trail hardtails have been designed with fast paced, action packed epics in mind! With a super-light triple-butted 6061-T6 aluminium frame combined with a high performance components package and fast rolling 29” wheels the Sentier 290 will make it easy for you to smash strava segments on any trail!
Super-Light Mechanical Formed Triple-Butted 6061-T6 Aluminium Frame & Suntour XCR Fork
Our super-light 6061-T6 aluminium frame has been triple-butted to reduce weight and tune the tubeset for improved handling and all round performance. Our aggressive trail geometry has been designed around 29” wheels and a 100mm travel fork; a short headtube and low bottom bracket keep the centre of gravity low to provide improved handling whilst the larger wheel size will roll over roots and rocks with ease. Suntour XCR Air forks feature hydraulic Lock-Out & Rebound adjustment with 100mm of air sprung travel. A tapered alloy steerer and 32mm stanchions provide a stiff front end for precise steering and predictable handling.
Shimano SLX/Deore & FSA Groupset
Shimano SLX shifters and rear derailleur with Deore front derailleur offer slick gear changes time after time. The SLX Shadow Plus clutch rear derailleur improves chain tension which reduces the chance of chain derailment. The FSA Comet 2x10 chainset provides the driving force at the heart of the transmission. Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors front and rear provide powerful and dependable stopping power with great modulation and lever feel.
Shimano WH-MT15 29” Wheelset & Vitus Finishing Kit
Shimano’s lightweight WH-MT15 29” wheelset offers excellent performance and durability. Continental X-King tyres provide surefooted handling and low rolling resistance Finishing kit is supplied by Vitus with our lightweight 6061 alloy stem, bars and seatpost providing high performance components which have been colour coded to match the frame decals.
- Frame: Mechanical Formed Triple-Butted 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Frame Certification: CE EN14766
- Forks: Suntour XCR Air LO-R-29, Tapered Alloy Steerer, 100mm Travel
- Headset: Orbit 1.5B Zero Stack (No.57B), 1.1/8” - 1.5”
- Handlebars: Vitus Flat Bar, 6061 Double Butted Alloy, 740mm Wide
- Stem: Vitus Alloy, +/- 7 Degree Rise, 60mm Extension
- Grips: Vitus Lock-On
- Chainset: FSA Comet MegaExo, 175mm, 38t x 24t
- Bottom Bracket: FSA MegaExo (BSA)
- Chainguide: N/A
- Chain: KMC X10, 10-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano, 11t-36t, 10-Speed
- Shifters: Shimano SLX SL-M670 Rapid Fire Plus
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX RD-M675 Shadow Plus
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore FD-M616, 34.9mm Band
- Brakes: Shimano BR-M445 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Centrelock Rotors
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Vitus Alloy, 6061-T6, 15mm Offset, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Tyres: Continental X-King, 29” x 2.2”
- Hubs: Shimano WH-MT15, Centrelock Disc, QR
- Rims: Shimano WH-MT15, 29”
- Weight: 13.4kg/29.5lbs (Medium)
Buy Vitus Bikes Sentier 290 Hardtail Bike 2014 from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords