Mondraker Dune XR Bike - 2013 -
Mondraker Dune XR Bike - 2013
Dune literally reflects the Enduro concept.
Zero is the name of Mondraker's proprietary suspension system and is used on all of its full suspension bikes.
Zero power loss:
The system prevents any unwanted movements produced whilst pedalling resulting in
maximum efficiency without extra compression or extension of the rear suspension.
Zero pedal kickback:
Chain length growth throughout the suspension travel is insignificant avoiding any backward
movement of the crank set that could lead to poor pedalling efficiency or cadence.
Zero brake jack:
Rear brake forces do not alter the suspension system.
The rear shock will absorb impacts without changing its function whilst using the rear brake.
The main characteristic of the system is its excellent absorption capacity at the same time as it provides high pedalling efficiency.
The optimized trajectory of the rear axle and the linear nature of the rear shock assure very effective impact absorption.
The Stealth Technology is the most advanced industrial design and structure optimization technology used in the Mondraker range.
Stealth encompasses all processes in the creation of the frame, from the inspiration and creation of the industrial
design to the calculation of the most precise details that optimize each part for a specific function.
Stealth offers and innovative design, characterized by flat faces and sharp edges as opposed to the traditional curved or rounded shapes.
Each tube and part is carefully designed to carry out a specific function striving to achieve the lowest possible weight of every specific part of the frame.
Due to the optimization of the production process, selecting the best materials, using butted tubing technology and applying an alloy of different aluminium,
Mondraker's ultra light Stealth frames are extremely resistant with great stiffness, especially in the high stress areas of the frames where it suffers most.
Stealth technology is used in the Duel, Foxy, Dune, Summum and Dualen series.
Dune frame has an integrated IFD front derailleur system with an anchor rail instead of the classic brace which used to surround the seat post tube.
This system is developed and named by Shimano as Direct Mount.
Thanks to the new derailleur characteristics and the joint piece developed by
Mondraker to get it fixed to the frame we get stiffness and a precision grade more superior to the rest of derailleur in the market.
- Frame: Dune Stealth alloy Zero Suspension System FG 160mm
- Shock: Fox Float CTD LV Boost Valve Factory Kashima 215x63.5mm
- Forks: Fox 36 Talas RC2 FIT Factory Kashima 180-140mm Tapered
- Rear Derailleur: Sram X0 Medium cage Type 2 10s
- Front Derailleur: Shimano XT FD M-786-10D Direct mount
- Shifters: Sram trigger X-9
- Chainset: E.13 TRS double 38x24T w/TRS Dual guide ISCG 05
- Bottom Bracket: E.13 73mm BSA
- Chain: Sram PC-1031 10s
- Freewheel: Sram PG-1050 12-36T 10s
- Headset: Onoff Integrated Tapered 1-1/8"->1/5"
- Stem: Onoff Stoic FG 10mm
- Handlebars: Mondraker Dune XR custom design 31.8mm 740mm
- Front Brake: Formula The One S 203mm
- Rear Brake: Formula The One S 180mm
- Rims: Easton Haven Alu wheelset
- Front Hub: Easton Haven 20mm
- Rear Hub: Easton Haven 12x135 w/Rock Shox Maxle Lite
- Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Dampf 26x2.35
- Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM
- Seatpost: CrankBrothers Kronolog 31.6mm Remote
- Grips: Onoff Paw lock-on
- Miscellaneous: Weight (w/o pedals) = 13.7 kg
On sale at Merlin
See all Complete bikesNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords