Home > Wheels > MTB wheels
DT Swiss XM 1550 Tricon Wheelset -
Top Features of the DT Swiss XM 1550 Tricon Wheelset
For ultimate tubeless performance and proven Swiss reliability, choose the XM 1550 TRICON® wheel for all day riding.
- DT Swiss Tricon Design
- Two Piece hubs allows the bearings to spin as smoothly as possible
- Straight double threaded spokes
- Torx nipples so truing tool has a better grip
- Open crowfoot spoke pattern for high stiffness and perfect transmission of torques
- Concave rim profile with rim inserts counteract the expansion force induced by tire pressure and spoke pull
- Hub Axle: 10mm QR or 15 Blot Thru Front / 10 x 135mm QR or 12 x 142mm Rear
- Weight: 1565g
- Tire type: Tubeless, Clincher
- Rim material: Aluminium
- Spokes: DT aerolite®, DT new aero®
- Nipples: DT Pro lock® torx
- Disc Mount: Centre Lock
- Freehub: DT Swiss ratchet system Shimano and Sram 9/10
- Tire dimension: 26 x 1.7" - 2.4"
- Included: RWS, Rim tape, Center lock/IS adapter
- Can be convertible into Sram MTB XD for XX1 with the purchase of new DT Swiss freehub
- Weight (g): 1565
- Wheel Size: 26" (559)
Thanks to the TRICON® hub design straight double threaded spokes or the open crowfoot pattern with combined radial and crossed spokes the XM 1550 TRICON® wheels are stiff, long-lasting and will deliver a perfect performance.
TRICON® technology evolves. By using the feedback of pro riders, test riders from all disciplines and advanced material and manufacturing-technology, proven components are improved and new wheels designed. Features like the Open Crowfoot lacing and concave tubeless rims combine stiffness and lightweight into a superb wheel.
Two piece hub
The two piece flange and hub shell design keeps the bearing seat free of tension. This allows the bearings to spin as smoothly as possible.
Straight double threaded spokes
This spoke connection is considerably stronger as it is playfree on both ends and therefore subject to smaller peak loads.
Spoke pattern with combined radial and crossed spokes for high stiffness and perfect transmission of torques.
Thanks to the Torx design the truing tool has a better grip on the nipple.
The spoke inserts are supported on two sides in the rim creating a big contact surface. The rim can be designed lighter and is airtight for tubeless compatibility
Concave rim profile
The concave shaped sidewalls counteract the expansion force induced by tire pressure and spoke pull.
Thanks to the proven DT Swiss Ratchet System® the hubs can easily be converted to different axle standards and Freehubs
On sale at Wiggle
See all WheelsNo comments yet.
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin:: Halfords