Bianchi Methanol 29 SL Frame 2015 -
Bianchi Methanol 29 SL Frame
The ideal base from which to build up your dream XC-racing 29er, the Methanol 29 SL boasts some of Bianchis best technologies and an advanced High Modulus Monocoque Carbon Fibre construction. Carefully designed with a fast, cross country-specific geometry, this carbon fibre frame brings you outstanding power transfer and the precision handling.
Advanced Carbon Fibre XC 29er Frame
These performance features are thanks to the triple wall carbon tubing, asymmetrical, shock absorbing asymmetric rear stays and the integrated seatpost, which all work together to guide you to the podium on race day. This SL model also incorporates Bianchi's "Ti-NET" technology, which strengthens the frames downtube for increased impact resistance and longer frame life.
- Frame: Methanol 29 SL, High Modulus Monocoque Carbon Fibre
- Type: Cross Country
- Recommended Max Fork Travel: 100mm
- Bottom Bracket Type: PF30
- Headset Dimension: Tapered 1 1/8" - 1.5"
- Headset Type: Integrated (compatible with FSA orbit 1.5ZS)
- Disc Brake Standard: International Standard
- Front Derailleur Type: Low direct mount or high clamp diam. 34.9mm, top pull
- Rear Hub Compatibility: 135xQR, skewer not included
- Recommended Tyre Size: Compatible with 29x2.0" tyres
- Seatpost Diameter: Fully integrated with frame
- Internal Cable Routing: Yes
- Weight: 1220g (+/- 5%, 19" size)
- Asymmetrical Rear Stays: Optimized rear stays design to obtain a very compact and reactive rear triangle without sacrificing the chainline clearance. It fits different chainrings combinations and it is optimized to improve power transmission on the driveside. This design also offers increased power reactivity and pedalling performance
- ERC - Embedded Reinforcement Construction: Reinforcement carbon ribs are embedded into the main tubes profiles. The increased torsional stiffness of the head tube and the Bottom Bracket area and the crank-frame interface becomes stronger
- Ti-NET - Titanium Net Technology: A titanium net is molded together with carbon fibre in the down tube. The net acts as a barrier to protect the frame from possible impacts with stones/material thrown by the front wheel. It also brings increased impact resistance and frame lifetime
- TWT - Triple Wall Tube: TWT construction allows Bianchi to lay-up the composite material plies to form 3 thin walls which are then molded together to form a bond-less monocoque laminate tube - Increased strength and stiffness to weight ratio - Improved reactivity and ride control
- SAS - Shock Assorbing Stays: Special designed rear stays with S shape are laminated with carbon and glass fibers. This offers enhanced absorption of the vertical shocks on the rear drop outs without weakening the lateral and torsional stiffness of the frame. Alsom increased power transmission and reduced vibrations
Buy Bianchi Frames & Forks from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Bike frames
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin