Bianchi Methanol 29 SX Frame 2017 -
Bianchi Methanol 29 SX Frame
This World Cup race-ready cross country frame the ideal heart for your podium topping 29er. Its constructed using some of the best High Modulus Monocoque Carbon Fibre available and adopts a fast cross county geometry. Plus, it boasts triple wall carbon tubing, Boost rear wheel spacing and asymmetrical, shock absorbing rear stays.
Advanced Carbon Fibre XC 29er Frame
The result of all these features, is lightning fast acceleration precise handling and outstanding grip. This SX model also incorporates Bianchi's "Ti-NET" technology, which strengthens the frames downtube for increased impact resistance and longer frame life.
- Frame: Methanol SX 29" HM Monocoque Carbon Fibre with Countervail, carbon dropouts
- Type: Cross Country
- Recommended Max Fork Travel: 100mm
- Bottom Bracket Type: Pressfit BB92 (41x92mm)
- Headset Dimension: Tapered 1 1/8" - 1.5"
- Headset Type: Integrated (compatible with FSA orbit 1.5ZS)
- Disc Brake Standard: Post Mount for 160mm rotor
- Front Derailleur Type: High direct mount, bottom pull or Side Swing
- Rear Hub Compatibility: 12x148mm BOOST Shimano thru axle
- Recommended Tyre Size: Compatible with 29x2.0" tyres
- Seatpost Diameter: 27.2mm
- Internal Cable Routing: Yes
- Countervail®: Bianchi collaborated with Materials Sciences Corporation to develop its innovative and exclusive application of the patented Countervail® integrated vibration cancelling system for cycling. Scientific studies prove that long term exposure to vibration, typically absorbed by the rider, causes muscle fatigue and discomfort, resulting in reduced performance.
- Asymmetrical Rear Stays: Optimized rear stays design to obtain a very compact and reactive rear triangle without sacrificing the chainline clearance. It fits different chainrings combinations and it is optimized to improve power transmission on the driveside. This design also offers increased power reactivity and pedalling performance
- ERC - Embedded Reinforcement Construction: Reinforcement carbon ribs are embedded into the main tubes profiles. The increased torsional stiffness of the head tube and the Bottom Bracket area and the crank-frame interface becomes stronger
- Ti-NET - Titanium Net Technology: A titanium net is molded together with carbon fibre in the down tube. The net acts as a barrier to protect the frame from possible impacts with stones/material thrown by the front wheel. It also brings increased impact resistance and frame lifetime
- TWT - Triple Wall Tube: TWT construction allows Bianchi to lay-up the composite material plies to form 3 thin walls which are then molded together to form a bond-less monocoque laminate tube - Increased strength and stiffness to weight ratio - Improved reactivity and ride control
- SAS - Shock Assorbing Stays: Special designed rear stays with S shape are laminated with carbon and glass fibers. This offers enhanced absorption of the vertical shocks on the rear drop outs without weakening the lateral and torsional stiffness of the frame. Alsom increased power transmission and reduced vibrations
Buy Bianchi Frames & Forks from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Bike frames
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin