Home > Wheels > MTB wheels
DT Swiss XM1501 Spline Rear MTB Wheel -
DT Swiss XM1501 Spline One Rear MTB Wheel
High on performance, this ideal starter wheel for All Mountain rookies and experienced gravel climbers alike, the XM1501 Spline One from DT Swiss is every bit the adventurous explorer. Super-light and strong it utilises tried, tested and triumphant Ratchet System hubs, to make sure you get the most from your mountain-scaling manoeuvres.
Trail-strong and Athletic All Mountain Wheel
Equipped with a reliable and low-maintenance DT 240 hub design, this XM1501 model makes great use of its strengthening DT Swiss' straight-pull spoke set-up and Pro Lock nipples, providing reliable and tough rigidity to the wheel via its direct spoke lacing from hub-to-rim. Tubeless-ready, it also allows lower-inflation pressure tyres to be used, creating better traction and lower weight while maintaining high-level rolling speeds and quality. This design and build makes for a quality-built wheel with unparalleled performance all over the mountain.
- Material: Aluminium
- Rim Type: Clincher
- Hub Type: DT 240
- Axle System: 12x142mmmm Thru Axle
- Spokes: DT Competition Straightpull
- Nipples: DT ProLock Squorx ProHead
- Recommended System Weight Max.: 120kg
- Inner Width: 22.5mm
- Outer Width: 30mm
- Decal Type: Waterslide
- ASTM Classification: 3
- Spline: With Straight-Pull spokes and the use of a specific lacing pattern, superlight hubs as well as high-end rims featuring key DT Swiss technology, SPLINE wheels make for a perfect training and racing partner.
- Straight-Pull: The term Straight-Pull refers to spokes with no bend at the head. This design allows for an ideal strength to weight ratio when compared to conventional spokes. Due to their more precise alignment and direct trajectory, Straight-Pull spoke technology creates a stiffer, more responsive wheel.
- Tubeless-Ready: Tubeless tyres have several advantages over the conventional combination of tube and tyre. The tyre can run with lower pressures to provide a better grip without risking snakebites. The lower pressure also results in a more comfortable ride. Eliminating the tube means there is no friction between tube and tyre and therefore less rolling resistance when the tyre rolls over the ground and obstacles. If tubeless milk is used, the tyre can self-seal stings and small cuts. A big advantage for all those who like to ride for long and far away from the nearest bike shop.
- Pro Lock: DT Pro Lock nipples prevent the spoke-nipple connection from loosening. This patented locking system is based on a special pre-applied dual compound adhesive, which coats the nipple threads. As soon as the nipples are twisted, the dual compound adhesive starts to react and is completely hardened after 6-7 hours. Internal tests show that the reliability and durability of a wheel built with DT Pro Lock nipples are increased up to twenty times compared with the use of standard nipples.
Buy DT Swiss Wheels from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Wheels
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin