Fox Suspension 36 Float Factory Fit4 Fork -
Fox Suspension 36 Float Factory Fit4 Fork
This race-ready enduro suspension fork features a revised design both inside and out for smooth and reliable front end suspension performance. No stranger to winning awards, accolades and Enduro World Series (EWS) races, this model is prepared for everything from big backcountry routes to the EWS circuit. Fox Suspension has equipped it with Boost axle spacing, making it ideal for modern enduro thanks to its extra stiffness. It also offers a wide range of adjustability from its lightweight Float EVOL air spring and its FIT4 damper that enable you to easily set it up to match your riding style. Part of the brand's renowned Factory Series, it includes the best-of-the-best technologies and it comes complete with a genuine Kashima coating on its upper tubes for slippery smooth, ultra-durable performance.
Enduro Fork with Float EVOL Air Spring
EVOL technology increases negative air spring volume, optimising small bump sensitivity. EVOLs linear spring curve delivers plushness off the top, extra mid-stroke support, and more tuneable bottom-out progression. The benefits of EVOL are further enhanced by Fox Suspension's Lower Leg channels and Bleeders, which both function to reduce air pressure captured in the lower legs, allowing the EVOL air spring to operate freely without unintended interference.
In its fourth generation, Fox Suspension's patented FIT4 closed cartridge system provides three on-the-fly compression damping positions (Open, Medium, and Firm) to adapt to varying trail conditions. Factory Series forks feature an additional 22 clicks of low-speed compression adjust in the Open mode, allowing riders to fine-tune their exact damping preferences.
- Upper Tubes Finish: Genuine Kashima Coat
- Use: MTB
- Axle: 15QRx110mm Boost
- Steerer Diameter: 1.5" tapered
- Air Spring: Float EVOL
- Damper: FIT4 (Quick on-the-fly 3-position adjust)
- Brake Rotor Compatibility: 180mm direct Post Mount, up to 230mm compatible
- Starting Weight: 1965g
- Factory Series: Factory says it all feature-packed and designed to exceed the demands of Factory-level riders. What we sell is what they race. Factory Series products feature slippery smooth, ultra-durable Genuine Kashima Coat.
- Adjustments: Three on-the-fly compression damping positions Open, Medium, Firm. Additional low-speed compression (Open mode adjust) 22 clicks. Low-speed rebound 10 clicks.
- Floating Axle: Floating axles might look similar to other axles, but in fact they offer a distinct performance advantage due to their unique ability to match the exact width of the forks wheel mounting surface precisely to the front hub flange spacing, thus creating perfect chassis alignment and eliminating unwanted friction between the upper and lower fork legs. Floating axles provide much smoother suspension movement throughout the entire range of the forks travel, notably improving sensitivity and overall ride quality. The all-new 36 and 38 come equipped with a new quick-release lever operated patent-pending floating axle system, combining the benefit of a floating axle with the ease of a tool-free quick-release. With this system, spacing is locked in via a floating sleeve, allowing repeated front wheel removal and reinstallation while maintaining perfect fork alignment. Floating sleeve positioning comes preset from the factory so if you are unsure of how to operate the floating axle system or simply dont want to bother with it, you can just install the front wheel and get on with your ride.
- Lower Leg Bypass Channels: As a fork compresses, the air volume within the lower legs decreases, increasing air pressure. The more the fork compresses, the more pressure increases. This effect can have the unintended consequence of preventing full travel from being achieved. Fox Suspension's lower leg channels help alleviate this issue by dramatically increasing air volume within the lower legs and thereby reducing the amount of additional unintended pressure ramping. Another benefit of these channels is that lower leg bath oil is circulated to the upper reaches of the lower legs, continuously lubricating the foam rings and bushings as the fork compresses and extends through its travel.
- Bleeders: Fox Suspension's lower leg bleeders allow for atmospheric pressure equalization at the simple press of a button. Pressure build-up in the lower legs dramatically decreases fork performance, preventing full travel from being achieved, and diminishing small bump sensitivity and responsiveness.
- Lower Leg Arch: Stiffness-to-weight is the ultimate metric for bicycle design. Engineers invest countless hours poring over every ounce of material in an effort to optimize this critical ratio. Fox Suspension's lower leg design pulls out all the stops, shaving every possible gram while making sure not to compromise stiffness or strength requirements of modern enduro and gravity style riding. Modern frame designs and geometry trends require modern suspension design solutions. The arch design of the all-new 36, 38, and 40 is designed to pair perfectly with modern Enduro and Downhill bikes. Head tube profiles have grown larger and larger, and fork offsets shorter and shorter. Fox Suspension's new arch shape takes this need into account by jutting forward to provide ample headtube clearance at full compression. State-of-the-art computer modeling techniques helped us to create an organic lower leg shape that optimizes stiffness with the absolute minimal amount of material.
- Increased crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles.
- Optional mudguard with sturdy 4-point direct-mount attachment protects upper tubes and dust wipers from dirt and debris. (available separately).
Manufacturer's Part Numbers:
- 910-20-243 Black 27.5" QR110 160mm 44mm
- 910-20-238 Black 29" QR110 150mm 51mm
- 910-20-237 Black 29" QR110 150mm 44mm
Buy Fox Suspension Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all MTB forks
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.