Garmin Edge 520 GPS Cycle Computer -
Garmin Edge 520 GPS Cycle Computer
Garmin's Edge 520 GPS Cycle Computer is the pinnacle cycling aide and is trusted throughout the professional peloton. With the ability to collect, display, and compute a wealth of data at your fingertips - during the ride and as soon as you finish - this Garmin Edge 520 GPS Cycle Computer will transcend your cycling season on the road.
Compete and Compare
You can test your Functional Threshold Power (FTP), link up with a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) to get your cycling-specific VO2 Max, engage with Strava live segments to monitor your progression or hunt KOMs, and much more with this Garmin Edge 520 GPS Cycle Computer. Whether you're looking to rise through the ranks of your national racing system, improve your sportive performance, or simply become a better all-round cyclist, the Garmin Edge 520 is packed with cutting-edge features to ensure you eek out every performance gain.
Customise to Suit
Customise your display for optimal information as you ride with up to nine display fields; select from current speed, average speed, cadence, power output, heart rate, time of day, activity duration, elevation, temperature, etc. You have the power to customise for your specific session ahead. Set separate profiles and toggle between sessions such as 'indoor' if you are going for a structured interval session on the turbo; 'race' when it's time to test yourself against the field; 'ride' when you just want to ride your bike and enjoy the wind in your face, though preferably at your back; and more.
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
- Courses (compete against previous activities)
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Customisable screen(s)
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+-enabled power meters) Yes (records data approx. 1 per second)
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride)
- Shock Resistant
- Here’s Your Competitive Edge:Garmin started with the aerodynamic form factor of the popular Edge 500, added in-ride challenges on Strava live segments, colour display, connected capabilities and advanced analysis features. The result - Edge 520, the GPS bike computer that’s right-sized for competitive cyclists and packed with the features you crave.
- Prove Your Edge:Edge 520 is the first bike computer that’s compatible with Strava live segments and includes a 60 Day trial of Strava Premium. With this membership, your starred Strava segments automatically sync with the 520 for live feedback during your ride. You’ll also get alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings once you complete the segment.
- Train on the Edge:Need some motivation to get through those lonely miles on the indoor trainer? Edge 520 delivers with a suite of training capabilities when paired with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers. Let’s say you want to train at an average power of 240 watts. Just set the target on Edge 520, start pedalling and the trainer will automatically adjust to keep you at your target while the 520 shows your stats. You can also follow a course that you or another rider created and literally race the recorded stats, with the trainer adjusting resistance to match the elevation profile. Pair it with a power meter and Edge 520 offers an additional set of features, like FTP and watts/kg tracking, so you can compare yourself to others, as well as cycling dynamics. A built-in FTP test helps you establish your baseline either on the trainer or on the road. Add heart rate and the 520 can derive your VO2 max estimate and post-ride recovery time, which indicates how long before you should attempt another hard effort.
- Optimised Display:Edge 520 compromises nothing when it comes to display - 2.3 inches of high resolution colour. We maximised the display so you get the most live area in relation to the compact size of the 520. You’ll also appreciate the screen clarity in all lighting conditions.
- The Connected Bike:Edge 520 is compatible with ANT+ sensors, including Varia bike radar and lights4, speed, cadence, heart rate, Edge and VIRB remotes and compatible weight scales. It also integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 520 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including the Vector series.
- Smartphone Connectivity:When paired with your compatible phone and the Garmin Connect Mobile app, Edge 520 offers live tracking, smartphone alerts, social media sharing, weather and wireless uploads. Once your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect, our online community where you can save, plan and share your rides.
- Off the Beaten Path:The compact, rugged form factor and up to 15 hour battery life of Edge 520 make it ideal for off-road adventures. It’s also compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites, so you benefit from more signal options, wherever your ride takes you.
Physical & Performance:
- Physical Dimensions:4.9 x 7.3 x 2.1cm
- Display size, WxH:3.5 x 4.7cm
- Display resolution, WxH:200 x 265 pixels
- Colour display
- Battery:Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life:Up to 15 hours
- Water Rating:IPX7
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Barometric altimeter
- Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone)
Maps & Memory:
- History:Up to 180 hours
- Compatible with Vector
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyse, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
- Compatible with Varia bike radar and lights
- Edge remote compatibility
- Advanced performance and power analysis, including new Time in Zone, FTP tracking, cycling-specific VO2 and recovery and cycling dynamics
- Bike trainer profile for compatible Turbo trainer data display and control
- On-device segment compatibility for dynamic and engaging in-ride competition
- Operating temperature of -20C to +55C
- Connected features via a smartphone
- Compatible with Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect Mobile
- Compatible with VIRB action cameras
- Integration with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting
- Weather alerts
- Preloaded Garmin cycling map
- Wi-Fi compatible
- Round-trip routing
- Route planner
In The Box:
- Edge 520
- Mounts (standard and extended out-front)
- USB cable
BuyGarmin Accessoriesfrom Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Computers and GPS
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin