Manitou R7 Pro Mountain Bike Suspension Fork -
Manitou R7 Pro Mountain Bike Suspension Fork
This versatile mountain bike (MTB) fork is equipped with 7000-series butted-wall aluminium legs, which allows it to deliver tremendous stiffness, strength and control on your off-road adventures. With a powerful Dorado Air spring with IVA, VTT Pro damper and Half Cartridge adjustable TPC rebound damping, it's ready for whatever the mountain has to offer. Manitou has also kitted out this version with a wide range of adjustments including three-position compression (Open, Trail, Lock) with Open Mode Adjust. This allows MTB and cross-country (XC) riders to benefit from a more rider-tuned feel that perfectly matches their style as well as the terrain conditions.
VTT Pro Damper
Rock-solid lockout without compromise. Thanks to independent shim stacks you no longer need to lose sensitivity in your open positions to achieve a true lock-out. This means you can still crank climbs without bobbing and blast through rock gardens without shattering your forearms on the same ride.
Dorado Air Spring with IVA
As the name suggests this air spring is derived from Manitou's legendary Dorado DH fork. Dorado air features a unique balancing valve that equalises pressure between the positive and negative air chambers during the air fill process. This provides the fork with a consistent feel without any flat or dead spots in the stroke. To manage the volume Manitou have included its Incremental Volume Adjust (IVA). The IVA is a self-contained volume reduction system that allows greater ramp-up change than conventional adjustment systems without the need for additional parts.
- Leg Material: 7000-Series Butted Wall Aluminium
- Crown Material: Forged Aluminum, Deep Hollow Bore
- Axle: 15x110mm Hexlock
- Use: MTB, XC
- Steerer Diameter: 1.5" Tapered
- Leg Diameter: 32mm
- Spring: Dorado Air with IVA
- Compression Damping: VTT Pro
- Rebound Damping: Half Cartridge adjustable TPC
- Adjustments: Air, Rebound, 3-position Compression (Open, Trail, Lock) with Open Mode Adjust, IVA position
- Brake Post Mount: 160mm (203mm Max)
- Max Tyre Size: 68mm 77mm (27.5"+); 68mm (29")
- Offset: 37mm (27.5"); 44mm (27.5+/29")
- Ride Height: 471-511mm (27.5"); 485-525mm (27.5+/29")
- Travel: Multiple options available to select
- E-Pac: No
- Weight: 1625g (27.5"); 1648g (27.5+/29")
- VTT Pro Variable Terrain Tune - Adjustments: 3-Position Compression Adjust With Open Mode Adjust: When developing the VTT Pro damper Manitou set out with a goal to maintain a rock-solid lockout without compromising the open and mid settings. The downside to many dampers with firm lockout modes is that in any other position than lock-out you will reach some critical shaft velocity that choke off the low-speed flow path. When this happens the damper peaks at nearly the same lock-out force as the locked-out position. This translates to harsh force in the hands and possibly lack of control. The goal with VTT is to eliminate that high-speed spike while maintaining the lock-out force demanded by most XC users. This allows the fork to have a less progressive high-speed response while maintaining some low-speed support without getting wollowy. This is achieved thru independent shim stacks (one for Lockout, one for the other two positions). By controlling the shim stack through which the oil flow is diverted Manitou can manipulate the characteristic of the damper to be Lock-out, Digressive, or progressive to meet the demands of the rider and terrain.
- Dorado Air: For 32mm chassis Manitou are adapting its proven Dorado Air to fit the needs of shorter travel riders. The Manitou Dorado Air spring system contains a unique balancing valve that equalizes the positive and negative air chambers during the air fill process. This gives the spring rate a consistent feel without any flat or dead spots in the stroke, along with giving riders of different weights the same initial stroke feel. For R7 Manitou have tuned the volumes in each chamber to give ideal support and feel for shorter travel. Also included on the air leg is its Incremental Volume Adjust (IVA). The IVA modifies the volume in the positive air chamber with a set of self-contained spacers that dictate the fixed position of the IVA piston. This self-contained volume reduction system allows greater ramp-up change than conventional adjustment systems without the need for additional parts.
- Chassis: When developing the chassis of any Manitou fork the primary goal is finding the perfect balance of weight, stiffness, and reliability. Thanks to its Reverse Arch Manitou are able to position the arch further away from the axle. The lower tire clearance behind the fork relative to the center of the axle allows for a shorter arch which yields 13% increased stiffness compared to a conventional forward arch fork of the equivalent weight. Because of this, Manitou are able to use 32mm stanchions to save weight while keeping stiffness closer to that of a larger stanchion fork with a forward-facing arch.
Buy Manitou Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all MTB forks
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.