Mavic E-Deemax 30 E-MTB Wheelset -
Mavic E-Deemax 30 E-MTB Wheelset
Specifically designed to withstand the increased power, speed and torque that's produced by electric mountain bike (E-MTB) motors, this wheelset features a high-quality Maxtal aluminium rim build. Mavic has also equipped this model with a welded rim for extra strength, durability and perfect sealing, while its Pinch Flat Protection reduces the risk of punctures. As a result, it's a reliable choice of upgrade for a wide range of electric mountain bike riding disciplines.
Pinch Flat Protection Technology
The name E-Deemax has become a reference for E-bike riders, this updated E-Deemax 30 lives up to its name with many of the same features and technologies as a higher range model, but at a far more attainable price. One of the key factors is Mavic's Pinch Flat Protection technology, a rim design with a wider contact surface at the top of the sidewall, which significantly reduces the risk of tyre cuts and punctures. The rim is welded for added reliability and features a 30mm internal width with a Tubeless Ready compatibility to allow you to run lower tyre pressure for better traction and control.
UST Tubeless Ready E-MTB Wheelset
Featuring Mavic's ready-to-ride tubeless-ready system, this wheelset is designed to offer greater traction and control for modern E-MTB riding. When used tubeless with tubeless tape, it delivers more stability and less risk of flats. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort whilst reducing inertia and punctures.
Instant Drive 360 Freewheel Technology
As with all of Mavic's E-Deemax wheelsets, this updated option is lab and field validated for a max total weight of 180Kg. The brand's Instant Drive 360 freewheel with a double ratchet system equips the rear hub and provides fast engagement and top-level reliability. Super light and fast to engage with only 9°, this freewheel system's large contactless rubber seal provides low friction super versatility.
The rear hub is compatible with Shimano HG9, Micro Spline and SRAM XD driver bodies (please choose the option to match your setup from the menu). The E-Deemax 30 is available with 6-bolt or Centre Lock brake rotor mounts in 29 only and is compatible with a 15x110mm front axle and 12x148mm rear. The wheelset is delivered with valves, replacement spokes and accessories.
- Micro Spline freehub option has Centre Lock disc brake mounts.
- Shimano freehub option has 6-bolt disc brake mounts.
- SRAM XD freehub option has 6-bolt disc brake mounts.
- Rim Material: Maxtal Aluminium
- Axle Size: Front: 15x110mm; Rear: 12x148mm (Boost)
- Use: Electric Mountain Bike (E-MTB)
- Wheel Size: 29"
- Internal Rim Width: 30mm
- Tyre Compatibility: Clincher
- ETRTO: 622x30TC
- Spokes Shape: Straight pull, flat
- Spoke Count: 28 front and rear
- Spoke Lacing: Front and rear crossed 3
- Freehub: Multiple options available to select from the menu
- ATSM Category: 5: Gravity riding focused on the descent
- Delivered With: UST valve and accessories, Pre-installed tubeless rim tape, Replacement spokes (2 with the front wheel and 4 with the rear)
- Brake Type: Disc brake
- Single or Pair: Pair
- UST tubeless technology
- Instant Drive 360 freewheel technology
- QRM Auto bearing preload technology
- Weight: Pair: 2160g; Front: 1035g; Rear: 1125g
- Maxtal: Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- Instant Drive 360 Freewheel Technology: The Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and efficient. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
- UST Tubeless Technology: Traction and control Universal Standard for Tubeless. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort whilst reducing inertia and flats.
- Pinch Flat Protection Sidewall (minimises the risk of tyre cuts and punctures): 20% less risk of puncture with PFP. An e-bike specific innovation to significantly reduce the risk of tire cuts and punctures.
- QRM Auto Bearing Preload Technology: Qualité de Roulements Mavic Auto (QRM Auto). Mavic's latest innovation. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance. Their preload is automatically adjusted to guarantee a perfect spin with no play on the long run.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers:
- P1577115 Black 29" Micro Spline Centre Lock
- P1639110 Black 29" Shimano 6-bolt
- P1576110 Black 29" SRAM XD 6-bolt
Buy Mavic Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Wheels
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.