Mavic X-Max XLS MTB Wheelset -
Mavic X-Max XLS MTB Wheelset
Coming equipped with a hard-wearing build and many of Mavic's proven technologies, this mountain bike (MTB) wheelset is fully prepared for whatever the trail might challenge you with. It features an asymmetrical aluminium maxtal rim construction, which makes it super-strong on the most demanding of terrain conditions. Its 30mm wide inner width is specifically optimised for lower tyre pressures, so you can benefit from a smoother experience with increased traction and control. Mavic has also kitted it out with its most user-friendly tubeless system yet that doesn't require any tape to set up tubeless tyres.
Tubeless-Ready Alloy MTB Wheelset
This trail-ready wheelset's rims are engineered with Mavic's patented Fore technology, featuring a fully sealed upper bridge that eliminates the need for rim tape. This saves 30 grams per wheel and does away with the hassle of using tape to set up tubeless tyres. Mavic has also put this model through its ISM rim machining process, which removes material in strategic areas of the rim to minimise weight, without compromising strength. The rim has a 30mm internal width, optimised to squeeze the best performance out of any modern trail tyre, and Mavic's Black Shield technology gives them a distinctive finish that protects against scratches and abrasions.
Straight-Pull Spokes and Infinity Hubs
Mavic has equipped this MTB wheelset with 24 straight-pull spokes to further dial in the sweet spot between lateral stiffness and vertical compliance. In addition, its Infinity hubs feature a stiffer and lighter construction that is enhanced by the ultra-reliable ID360 double ratchet system for fast engagement. Only available in 29 sizing, it comes complete with UST tubeless valves, spare spokes and accessories, so you'll have everything you need to conquer your local trails.
Please note: This wheelset is available in different freehub and disc brake rotor compatible options to select from the menu.
- The Micro Spline freehub option is Centre Lock disc brake compatible.
- The Shimano freehub option is 6-Bolt disc brake compatible.
- The SRAM XD XDR freehub option is 6-bolt disc brake compatible.
- Rim Material: S6000 Aluminum Maxtal, Asymmetrical rim design
- Finish: Black Shield treatment (protects against impacts and scratches)
- Axle Size: Front: 15x110mm; Rear: 12x148mm (Boost)
- Use: Mountain Bike (MTB)
- Wheel Size: 29"
- Internal Rim Width: 30mm
- Tyre Compatibility: Clincher
- ETRTO: 622x30TC
- Tyre Type: UST Tubeless and Tubetype
- Recommended Tyre Sizes: 60mm to 76mm (2.35" to 3.0")
- Spokes Material: Steel
- Spoke Count: 24 front and rear
- Spoke Lacing: Front and rear crossed 2, contactless
- Spoke Nipples: Fore integrated Aluminium
- Axles: Front 15x110 Boost; Rear 12x148 Boost
- Freehub: Multiple options available to select from the drop-down menu
- ATSM Category: 4: Enduro and Trail Riding
- Delivered With: Fore adjustment wrench, 2 replacement spokes with each wheel, Multi-function adjustment wrench (delivered with rear wheel), UST valve and accessories
- Brake Type: Disc brake
- Disc mount: Multiple options available to select
- Single or Pair: Pair
- QRM Auto bearing preload technology
- Instant Drive 360 freewheel technology
- SUP welding technology
- Fore tapeless tubeless technology
- Max Rider Weight: 120kg (including bike)
- Weight: 29": 1790g (Front: 830g; Rear: 960g)
- Maxtal Aluminium Alloy: Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminium alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- Fore Tapeless Tubeless Technology: Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- UST Tubeless Technology: Traction and control Universal Standard for Tubeless. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort whilst reducing inertia and flats.
- Instant Drive 360 Freewheel Technology: The Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and efficient. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
- Black Shield Treatment (protects your rim against impacts and scratches): New MTB rim treatment. 2x superior lifetime against rock impacts and scratches.
- QRM Auto Bearing Preload Technology: Qualité de Roulements Mavic Auto is Mavic's latest innovation. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance. Their preload is automatically adjusted to guarantee a perfect spin with no play on the long run.
- SUP Welding Technology: Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers:
- P1621115 Black 29" Micro Spline (Cenre Lock Disc Brake)
- P1618110 Black 29" Shimano (6-Bolt Disc Brake)
- P1619110 Black 29" SRAM XD XDR (6-bolt Disc Brake)
Buy Mavic Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Wheels
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.