Nukeproof Mega 290 Alloy Pro Bike GX Eagle 2019 -
Nukeproof Mega 290 Alloy Pro Bike GX Eagle
Since 1995 the infamous Megavalanche race, which starts from the highest point on Pic Blanc (3300m) above the village of Alpe DHuez has been synonymous with all mountain riding and the highest level of true mountain bike racing.Conceived originally in 2009 by the development team at Nukeproof in an attempt to build the perfect bike for this exact style of racing, the Mega was born. Now in its 4th evolution, the Mega is podium proven. It has tasted success with numerous national and international race wins to its name.Designed to excel on the toughest enduro tracks; the gravity focused specification is designed to descend fast but maintain the pedalling efficiency for all-day epics
For 2019 Nukeproof has focussed on the smallest details in order to improve an already podium proven chassis. The Megas frame now has a dedicated 1x drivetrain configuration, increasing the main pivot bearing placement to maximise frame stiffness. This additional stiffness prevents torsional flex under pedalling and helps the chassis track through high speed, rough terrain without compromise.With stiffness in mind, Nukeproof took the time to incorporate the very latest Boost 148 rear axle spacing allowing it to spec much stiffer and stronger wheels both front and rear. All 2019 Nukeproof Mega models will come with new wider spaced Boost wheels and forks enabling the rider to feel even more confident on the increased capability of the bike.
Updated Race Geometry
With the demands of Enduro World Series racers progressing at a rapid rate, Nukeproof looked again at its geometry and saw an opportunity to tailor the frames to suit not only the fastest racers, but the growing tribe of riders that utilise its bikes every weekend whether that be shuttling runs at their favourite bike park, or heading off for an all-day epic in the local hills.Slightly taller head tube lengths help tailor the cockpit feel to increase rider confidence, and a lengthened top tube on large and extra-large frames should help even the tallest of riders feel at home on the new Mega.
Metric Shock Sizing
The product development team work extremely closely with Nukeproof's suspension partners and spent endless hours working on the perfect shock configuration for the new Mega. The perfect partnership between rear shock technology and frame kinematics have always been in the very root of its thought process when developing bikes and the new Mega with its brand new metric shock standard is no different. Designed to work perfectly with both air and coil sprung rear shocks, Nukeproof has addressed some of the areas that it felt could be improved on over the previous design such as hardware improvements and higher spec shocks across the board.The new Mega utilises the brand new RockShox Super Deluxe rear shock and hardware now comprises of a wider spaced 25mmx8mm front mount, with a rocker link mounted bearing system to improve shock sensitivity and reduce the amount of wear through heavy usage. This combination adds even more stiffness to the chassis through these more secure fixtures and the Metric rear shock system with increased bushing overlap.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 290 Alloy, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, custom tuned rear shock configuration, internal dropper seatpost cable routing, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Charger 2 RC 160mm, 51mm Offset, Debonair, Diffusion Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 ML1S 210x55mm (Comes with 2x bottomless tokens fitted so you have them if needed)
- Front Wheel: Mavic Deemax Elite, 29", 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: Mavic Deemax Elite, 29", XD, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, Gum -X TS TLR
- Crankset: SRAM Descendant 7K Alloy Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Drivetrain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain Guide: MRP AMg V2, 26-32T, ISCG-05, black
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon AL 800mm, 25mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, 31.8mm Clamp, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Black
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth; S: 390mm length, 125mm drop; M: 440mm length, 150mm drop; L/XL: 480mm length, 170mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
Spare Parts and Torque Value Overview
A list of spare parts and recommended torque values can be downloaded from this link (.pdf)
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikes
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin